[Environmental] Medieval landscape

• 4 Replies

Offline Mirror Sound

• tumblr: mirrorsoundks.tumblr.com ask me stuff. :)
    • View Profile
    • My tumblr
[Environmental] Medieval landscape
« on: August 13, 2012, 19:23:21 »
G'day, Nifforum community.
I have started work on a medieval-themed exploration kind of level today. It will feature a lot of areas, for example, a village and town area, a castle etc.
Spoiler: Some information (click to show/hide)
The level will be released within the next three weeks. A preview screenshot can be seen below.
Have fun.
EDIT: Level postponed until release of Juni's Great Adventures 2.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 11:34:14 by Mirror Sound »
Juni's Great Adventures 2 - to be released December.
Medieval Landscape - Postponed until the release of Juni's Great Adventures 2

mynameisteja.tumblr.com
a friend from school. c: follow her plz?

Offline Widget

• View Profile
Re: [Environmental] Medieval landscape
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 23:51:37 »
It could use some background objects... hills or fields.. even just some clouds, at the least. Even more pressing, though, is that it's looking pretty disjointed; like you've cherrypicked features from half a dozen tilesets with varying styles and jammed them all together.

I'm sorry to be so critical of it but that screen could look a lot more polished

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 00:40:11 »
It could use some background objects... hills or fields.. even just some clouds, at the least. Even more pressing, though, is that it's looking pretty disjointed; like you've cherrypicked features from half a dozen tilesets with varying styles and jammed them all together.

I'm sorry to be so critical of it but that screen could look a lot more polished
Everything on that screen actually comes from the same tileset (Hobbiton by Imaddo, donchaknow).

Offline Widget

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 02:19:04 »
My apologies, in that case. I still think it looks like a bit of a pick'n'mix but I was excessively and inaccurately critical of it.

Offline Mirror Sound

• tumblr: mirrorsoundks.tumblr.com ask me stuff. :)
    • View Profile
    • My tumblr
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 14:22:25 »

Thanks. I'll definatley keep that in mind. :)
Juni's Great Adventures 2 - to be released December.
Medieval Landscape - Postponed until the release of Juni's Great Adventures 2

mynameisteja.tumblr.com
a friend from school. c: follow her plz?