[Environmental, Playground] ... Dark Environment (Beta Released!)

• 5 Replies

Offline Santicol

• Knytt is awesome, and that's all I got to say.
    • View Profile
Well, Hi people, I just begun to make a level. In it's full release it's gonna be like an environmental/playground kind of level. So... the thing is, I have a small Beta of the level that can be found on Knytt Levels. So, In Knytt Levels, look for Dark Enviroment (Beta)

(Yes, you have to spell "Environment" like "Enviroment")

Tell me if you like the Beta or not, also give me some Ideas for this level.

I do not have any pictures of the level since I can't really take pictures of my computer screen, (I do not know how to take pictures of my computer screen, so if you can help me with that, thanks) Enjoy the Beta!

Edit: Can anyone help me with the name of the level? I think Dark Environment isn't a good name.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 17:01:25 by Santicol »
PC Specs
Processor: AMD A8-3520M (Equivalent to a i5 Intel Core)
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6620G
CPU Speed: 1.6 GHz
RAM: 5.6 GB

Offline Healy

• View Profile
My thoughts: It feels very... slight. And I say this knowing that I have made so many slight levels of my own. How are you going to build on this, exactly? If you don't feel like you can make this much bigger, it might be better to make up some kind of ending for this, thus making it more of a traditional environmental. And why does Juni start out with just the run power-up, when she can't even get past the first screen without a climb? I played most of the level in the editor due to this. Did you maybe want to put the power-ups in the level itself? You can find them all in Objects Bank 0.

Re: Taking a picture of the screen: What you want to do is, first, hit the "Print Screen" key while the game is running. Next, open your image editor of choice (even MS Paint will work), and paste the image into the editor. Finally, crop the image so that only the game part shows and voila! You have a screenshot. To make it even easier on yourself, try pushing "alt" plus "Print Screen", instead of just "Print Screen". This will make an image copy of the currently running process, which should be your game. Was this helpful?

Offline Santicol

• View Profile
My thoughts: It feels very... slight. And I say this knowing that I have made so many slight levels of my own. How are you going to build on this, exactly? If you don't feel like you can make this much bigger, it might be better to make up some kind of ending for this, thus making it more of a traditional environmental. And why does Juni start out with just the run power-up, when she can't even get past the first screen without a climb? I played most of the level in the editor due to this. Did you maybe want to put the power-ups in the level itself? You can find them all in Objects Bank 0.

Re: Taking a picture of the screen: What you want to do is, first, hit the "Print Screen" key while the game is running. Next, open your image editor of choice (even MS Paint will work), and paste the image into the editor. Finally, crop the image so that only the game part shows and voila! You have a screenshot. To make it even easier on yourself, try pushing "alt" plus "Print Screen", instead of just "Print Screen". This will make an image copy of the currently running process, which should be your game. Was this helpful?

I completely forgot about the power-ups, I am gonna release another Beta of this later when I think of an ending, I guess... or I might make this one small part of a big level, who knows...  

Thanks for the feedback! And... sorry for being such a noob but... I have no idea where the "Print Screen" Button is located in my keyboard (I use an laptop, so probably there isn't a "Print Screen" Button).

Edit: I found the "Print Screen" Button. Hooray.

2nd Edit: I am gonna leave this here. And I am never gonna release it as a proper map. School (6th grade) is coming soon so, I will really not have time to work on this level if I even continue this so... yeah.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 16:56:30 by Santicol »
PC Specs

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
School (6th grade) is coming soon so, I will really not have time to work on this level if I even continue
Lol. I wish I had that much time as you do. Wait till you get older, you'll realize you have more time now. X)
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Santicol

• View Profile
School (6th grade) is coming soon so, I will really not have time to work on this level if I even continue
Lol. I wish I had that much time as you do. Wait till you get older, you'll realize you have more time now. X)

Yeah, but the thing is... 6th Grade is gonna really put me busy as far as I know. I just want to get better grades. (It's not that I got bad grades) but I wanna make my grades better.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 16:22:32 by Santicol »
PC Specs

Offline Santicol

• View Profile
Wait, noes, 6th grade is starting tommorow. Oh well, that doesn't mean I'll completely leave the forum.  But I'll probably be on the forum only at noon. Or maybe a bit later.
PC Specs