Some Room [Puzzle, Small, Easy]

• 10 Replies

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
    • Twitter @Raicuparta
Some Room [Puzzle, Small, Easy]
« on: July 27, 2012, 12:59:28 »
This level was made for sergiocornaga's "Single Room" competition. I didn't go for the "single screen" approach some people went for, just used the theme being in one room through the entire level.

I was inspired by some point-and-click graphic adventures, specially those flash games where you have to escape from a room to win. As it is in a single room, I tried to make it look good and feel immerse, with a custom ambiance sound and a few animated Custom Objects.

Download from knyttlevels.com

Download from Mediafire

If you really, really need a screenshot before downloading here is one. But this is basically the entire level, so I don't advise you to look at it.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

Offline Widget

• View Profile
Re: Some Room [Puzzle, Small, Easy]
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 22:06:28 »
This is a really neat little level. Graphically gorgeous and a thoroughly entertaining way to spend a minute or so :)

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 11:57:29 »
Nice little level.  Don't take this the wrong way, but the title screen was one of the best parts: minimal and well done.

Offline pfrangip

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 15:34:57 »
Enjoyed it. You should make a series of ten or so.

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
    • Twitter @Raicuparta
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 16:58:09 »
Enjoyed it. You should make a series of ten or so.
I may consider making a couple more, but 10 sounds like a bit too much.
I felt like playing this again and noticed the water leak suddenly fixes itself at some point, that wasn't supposed to happen.

Also, I was expecting this level to work better with the latest version of Ego's KS+ (if I remember correctly it fixes the flashing CO problem), but it actually looks worse, with Juni blinking in and out of existence all the time.

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 17:57:39 »
Speaking of KS+, i wonder how much neater... more neat...

Code: [Select]
/me googles "neat comparative"
...neater it would look if instead of having a dedicated space for the text you'd use KS+'s subtitles.

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
    • Twitter @Raicuparta
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 18:37:07 »
It would definitely look much better, but I won't go through the trouble to implement it, as I dedicated 2 entire rows of the screen to the text. I'll definitely use that awesome feature next time I make a similar level.

Offline pfrangip

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2013, 18:44:47 »
I may consider making a couple more, but 10 sounds like a bit too much.

Whatever you do, you should package them all up as one unit. Even a set of 5 would be a fun little distraction.

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 11:48:00 »
I just made a copy of the level that has subtitles instead. I think it would look a bit nicer if i knew how to place the subtitles in the dedicated space.

Oh, and the text on x1008y1007 doesn't fit in one line of subtitles for some reason.

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2013, 13:13:38 »
I was skeptic of this level's execution at first because one room didn't really seem like it would be that interesting. But I played it and was really blown away! It was really a beautiful experience and the puzzles were intuitive and nicely paced. This was a great level.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 01:35:36 »
I just made a copy of the level that has subtitles instead. I think it would look a bit nicer if i knew how to place the subtitles in the dedicated space.

Oh, and the text on x1008y1007 doesn't fit in one line of subtitles for some reason.
Place the Title object where you want the subtitle to appear. It will be vertically aligned on the tile you place it, so you wont be able to center it in the 2 rows.

Personally, I like it the way it is. The KS+ Title feature would definitely speed the production of a similar level though.

P.S. I fixed that flashing issue that was seen with KS+.