'Knytt Underground'

• 53 Replies

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
Re: 'Knytt Underground'
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2012, 02:26:52 »
There is one, but as Ripstone is much better at marketing a game than I am (I just spend all my time creating content for it because that's my passion), I think it's much better if they decide when/how to reveal it 'cause they know that stuff. What I can say though is you won't have to wait long :)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 02:34:28 by Nifflas »

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2012, 07:33:28 »
Thank you for the reply! I actually made that post and then afterwards noticed an option to contact you directly, which I did. Sorry for the duplicate question.

Offline sss

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2012, 21:28:31 »
Why is Knytt Underground on steam Greenlight? doesn't it have a publisher?

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2012, 22:03:03 »
Having a publisher doesn't bypass greenlight other than if it's a bigger game. I think Steam is trying to push Greenlight as much as possible.

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2012, 08:42:41 »
The Greenlight requirement is very recent, though; I think they changed their policy for publishers just a month ago or so.

Nice presentation, by the way. I see Nifflas chose not to mention the editor yet; surely it's not needed for the game to pass Greenlight.
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2012, 11:56:48 »
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2012, 12:33:20 »
dat beard. :shocked: i didn't know it was possible for me to love nifflas any more than i already did.

speaking of the PSN version, will it only be available to playstation plus members? i would happily buy it on there so i could play it before the PC release, but i don't have a plus membership, and it would be a bit extreme to get it just for this.

edit: nevermind. saw my question answered in another thread.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 12:40:05 by heartskuppy »

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2012, 15:30:28 »
I haven't mentioned the editor because the level format turned out so much more advanced than I planned first. If I can, I'd really like to make a good and understandable editor, but I may need help to be able to pull that off.

« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2012, 01:42:12 »
You've mentioned before that it's only certain aspects of the levels that are going to be difficult to make a user-friendly editor for, and that knowing Python scripts would be necessary for doing the more advanced things.  Is it still possible to make a user-friendly editor in the meantime even if it's only limited in what it can do (but people who know Python can still do more)?  Or is the problem that the levels have become so advanced that it will be difficult to make a user-friendly editor at all, even for the basic aspects of level editing?

I, for one, would be extremely happy to have an editor even if I could only make an environmental level with it.  If later a more advanced editor could allow me to add quests to that level I had already built, that would be great too.  :)

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2012, 11:43:25 »
The solution is definitely to make an easy but slightly limited editor. The advanced features can still be in there, but slightly hidden away and would rely on a lot of work in notepad.

However, I've worked so hard on Knytt Underground over the last two and a half years that I'm not sure I can manage to create an editor right now (I need a bit of rest first). If I could get help, it'd make it a lot easier. If Knytt Underground generates a nice profit, I could hire someone to help me out for a little while.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 11:45:14 by Nifflas »

« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2012, 08:59:50 »
Came to the forum tonight. Saw the message about this game being on Greenlight. Upvoted and faved it ASAP. I'm really happy to see how close this is to release. Looking forward to it so much! C)

...While we're here, there was a small detail I've always been curious about. Whenever you talk about Mi's Knytt and Ball forms, you almost always refer to them as "characters". Is there a special meaning behind using that phrase? :huh: Like, are the two forms more than just "forms" in the end? I think it'd be kind of cute if that's the case! :^^: But if not, that's cool too. I just wanted to know was all.

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2012, 09:08:49 »
I'm willing to help with the editor. Should it be done from scratch or continued in MMF or something?

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2012, 09:38:17 »
...While we're here, there was a small detail I've always been curious about. Whenever you talk about Mi's Knytt and Ball forms, you almost always refer to them as "characters". Is there a special meaning behind using that phrase?  Like, are the two forms more than just "forms" in the end? I think it'd be kind of cute if that's the case!  But if not, that's cool too. I just wanted to know was all.

The game's storyline will explain it very well. It would really spoil this if it were made public.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline kritter

• Curly Tree!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2012, 16:13:17 »
The advanced features can still be in there, but slightly hidden away and would rely on a lot of work in notepad.
*Notepad++  :^^:

Offline Zelakon

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2012, 18:49:51 »
I'm overcome with the sudden urge to create tens of steam profiles for the sole purpose of maximising greenlight votes...