Capitalism 2 [environmental,small,easy,KS+]

• 6 Replies

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
Capitalism 2 [environmental,small,easy,KS+]
« on: July 23, 2012, 18:49:03 »
This level continues the story of Capitalism. The gameplay is entirely different. Inspired by the single room level competition on these forums, this level exists almost entirely on a single screen. (A second screen is used to start the credits.) I highly recommend playing Capitalism first if you have never played it. If you have ever played it, even a very long time ago, then there is no need to revisit it first. There are 2 endings. Be sure to see them both.

Download Capitalism 2 3.8 MB
Important! This only works with Knytt Stories Plus. AKA: KS Ego.

Download Capitalism by Googoojoob 1.4 MB

Spoiler: legal (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 13:13:42 by egomassive »

Offline Widget

• View Profile
Re: Capitalism 2 [environmental,small,easy,KS+]
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 06:24:37 »
I like what you've done with the concept, it's pretty interesting and very impressive. I'm really struggling to find the second ending in my sleep-deprived state so I'll have another shot when I'm better rested.

I've put this level in the list and added in some of your other KS+ levels/tutorials that I'd forgotten to fill in; sorry about that. Oh, also updated your mod name.

Re:egomassive - Yeah, I'll just keep trying once I've had a night's sleep ^^ Also, thankyou! It's very kind of you to call what I do here hard work; it's the hard work of yourself and all the other coders, level-makers, artists and musicians that keeps Knytt Stories endlessly entertaining. I can't tell you how grateful I am to all the forum members, like yourself, who keep a non-contributing player like me in levels to play  ;)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 11:30:25 by Widget »

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 07:55:52 »
Thanks for your hard work Widget. There's a trick to getting the second ending. I'm sure you'll find it.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 14:05:27 »
I have done everything I can think of to activate the second ending without success.

Offline Firecat

• Every bit is important.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 17:49:30 »
As a hint for the second ending, one of KS+ Ini features is called
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
There's 110011 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, Those who don't, and those who confuse it with ASCII.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 13:09:49 »
Updated to version 1.1. After stepping back and then looking at it again I decided to alter one track and add a few more bits of audio. I've added credits to the ending which didn't have them since the one that did is more elusive than I had anticipated. The credits hold an important message, so I want to make sure everyone sees it. The game play is still the same.

Offline Widget

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2012, 12:33:45 »
It took Firecat's rather heavyhanded hint (thankyou!) to point it out to me but I finally got the second ending. I don't have much more to add so I'll just reiterate that it's a fascinating take on Goog's level and the audio tracks work really well with the dark, claustrophobic atmosphere.

This has been a really succesful competition; I guess the severe limitations really let people focus on the details  :)