3 One-Screen-Wonders [Enviromental, Easy, Small (natch)]

• 5 Replies

Offline Healy

• View Profile
3 One-Screen-Wonders [Enviromental, Easy, Small (natch)]
« on: August 02, 2012, 22:12:10 »
Since the One Screen competition is about to wrap up, I figured I would post these here for posterity.

Angry Sonata
Peaceful Sonata
Tiny House

All of these were made for Sergio Cornaga's One Screen competition, except for Angry Sonata, which was made for Pirate Kart 5. Also, fair warning: Angry Sonata contains some graphic language.

Hope you enjoy these!

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
Re: 3 One-Screen-Wonders [Enviromental, Easy, Small (natch)]
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 10:46:06 »
I thought Peaceful Sonata was a decent challenge considering the restriction. Tiny House was not as tiny as expected, but it was a breath of fresh air after all the darkly toned entries in that competition.

Offline Widget

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 18:14:39 »
I was also pleasantly surprised by Peaceful Sonata; there's not a lot of space to create a challenge level within the limitations but you managed to get something quite well structured put together.

I'm afraid I didn't really see eye-to-eye with the other two, though. While Tiny House was obviously lovingly and inventively constructed it's a classic environmental level which just isn't my kind of level.
As for Angry Sonata, well... maybe I just don't get it either but it felt like a difficulty-selection screen with rather pointless swearing tagged on.

Offline Santicol

• Knytt is awesome, and that's all I got to say.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 02:49:22 »
Peaceful Sonata was the level I liked the most, ever since it had a bit of challenge. Angry Sonata was completely useless and pointless, and it had the use of swear words for no reason at all. And Tiny House was beautiful, and completely clean and nice. ... BTW could you please tell me what inspired you in the making of Angry Sonata? Were you angry or something?  X-P
PC Specs
Processor: AMD A8-3520M (Equivalent to a i5 Intel Core)
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6620G
CPU Speed: 1.6 GHz
RAM: 5.6 GB

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 19:06:32 »
Peaceful Sonata was the level I liked the most, ever since it had a bit of challenge. Angry Sonata was completely useless and pointless, and it had the use of swear words for no reason at all. And Tiny House was beautiful, and completely clean and nice. ... BTW could you please tell me what inspired you in the making of Angry Sonata? Were you angry or something?  X-P
Angry Sonata I made when I was, well, angry at my mom. We just had a fight and I felt like I needed to make a game real quick about it for the Pirate Kart, so there you go.

Offline Santicol

• Knytt is awesome, and that's all I got to say.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 21:00:48 »
Oh, well, that explains everything.  :P
PC Specs
Processor: AMD A8-3520M (Equivalent to a i5 Intel Core)
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6620G
CPU Speed: 1.6 GHz
RAM: 5.6 GB