[Environmental/Misc] this is my world

• 5 Replies
[Environmental/Misc] this is my world
« on: August 24, 2013, 04:47:57 »
Yes, it's supposed to be lowercase.

This is my first attempt at a map so go hard on me! Please point out any bugs or otherwise problems you can see.
I'm not really sure what to call this because it's got several enemies and whatnot but that's not really... the point.
Enjoy!

Download:
http://knyttlevels.com/levels/Amendment50%20-%20this%20is%20my%20world.knytt.bin

Edit by LPChip: I've taken the liberty to link directly to the knytt.bin file, not the general download page. Even though yours is currently on top, new levels will move yours down. No one wants to search on a big download page.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 16:01:18 by LPChip »

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
Re: [Environmental/Misc] this is my world
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 15:27:33 »
The site you're using as a host requires me to open an account. That's not going to happen. Can't you host it on knyttlevels.com?

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 15:54:05 »
Sorry you're right. Fixed

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 16:54:45 »
OK. I've played it now. The concept and the narrative are good. You have a lot to learn about designing a level though.

I could go on and on about how this could be better, but I'd rather show you. Knytt Syndromes by Dessgeega discusses many of the issues your level suffers from. I think you should take a look.

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 18:40:56 »
That's actually very helpful- thank you

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 13:40:58 »
The story itself was pretty good. Really liked the concept and narrative, like Egomassive said.
The level itself, though, could use some work. ;) I also recommend that Knytt Syndromes thing Ego posted.
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.