Knytt Stories Project (AUA2)

• 7 Replies

Offline lilmanjs16

• Its time for some Pixies!
    • View Profile
Knytt Stories Project (AUA2)
« on: July 09, 2012, 00:41:50 »
Now I don't know how many are still around from way back when An Underwater Adventure 2 was being worked on, but its not a dead project anymore. Bloxmaster and I want to reboot the project and are asking for some help. that means help with making the level design itself, and graphics work as well. We might keep some stuff made for it already, but most likely most of it will be brand new stuff. As it goes, we want to have a system where as one person works on an area another person is making a tileset for use with the next area. If you'd like to take part in making An Underwater Adventure 2 really get finished this time, please reply!
we all love each other. and thanks to those who like my dj mixes, it makes me happy:hiddenstar: thanks AClockworkLemon! makes me feel proud

Re: Knytt Stories Project (AUA2)
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 21:56:47 »
I remember this, it must be nearing 4 years since the inception of this project. I feel qualified to help, given I eventually finished working on Dark Sea 2 which is a really long, hard, but polished spiritual successor to AUA.

I must inquire what your intentions for this project are, though, beyond the fact that it's another underwater adventure. How difficult, long, or dissimilar to the original will it be? Trying to inject plot into it or keep it rather plotless? Etc.
SG's difficult KS levels:
Very Hard: Dark Sea, Industral Trap.
Lunatic: Dark Sea 2, Going Left.
Very Lunatic: Safety 1, 2, and 3.
Misc: AdvancedAmidst the Clouds, Candy Town.

Offline lilmanjs16

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 00:19:47 »
There is a plot! it wouldn't be much of a level without one, and it should still retain the multiple labs stuff like it always has. Thanks for your interest in the project SecretGlitch.
we all love each other. and thanks to those who like my dj mixes, it makes me happy:hiddenstar: thanks AClockworkLemon! makes me feel proud

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 01:01:19 »
Feel free to still use my 2 songs I made for this project. :)
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline lilmanjs16

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 01:17:17 »
Feel free to still use my 2 songs I made for this project. :)

We still plan on using them! They fit very well for the theme of the level.

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 01:46:19 »
So you're looking for more or less a fresh start? If so, how much of the level is already in place? When will work on it start?
SG's difficult KS levels:
Very Hard: Dark Sea, Industral Trap.
Lunatic: Dark Sea 2, Going Left.
Very Lunatic: Safety 1, 2, and 3.
Misc: AdvancedAmidst the Clouds, Candy Town.

Offline lilmanjs16

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 00:13:49 »
So you're looking for more or less a fresh start? If so, how much of the level is already in place? When will work on it start?
We aren't sure when work will start on the level at this time, but all of the level design itself(not music and graphics) will be scrapped. The other stuff we still need to go through and see what we will keep.

Offline ixMarcel

• I'll get you during my next save game!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 11:43:37 »
Still need help? ;)