[Easy] [Environmental] Nightmare

• 2 Replies

Offline Onematty

• View Profile
[Easy] [Environmental] Nightmare
« on: April 07, 2009, 06:14:43 »
Ok, unlike my previous work, I'm actualy proud of this one. This level starts out sweet and innocent, and turns into a dark and brooding blood-filled mess in mere seconds. Its short, but longer then my previous levels. I think I've actualy made improvement. Anyway, heres the level:
http://www.knyttlevels.com/levels/Onematty%20-%20Nightmare.knytt.bin

Feel free to tell my ways I can improve this.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 06:16:28 by Onematty »

Offline Evil

• View Profile
Re: [Easy] [Environmental] Nightmare
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 06:29:32 »
Loading the Downtime

Getting back on it you to later!

Offline StaticRomantic

• it's coming to get you
    • View Profile
Re: [Easy] [Environmental] Nightmare
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 22:02:30 »
This level's alright. There's still cases of weird transitions, bad layouts, mixing of tilesets that shouldn't mix, and bugs.  :/
However I do like the idea; it's creative, pretty well implemented. It definitely shows improvement over your past levels, but still needs work.

I think you need to lay back on posting a lot of new levels, Matty. You don't need to prove to everyone that you're a good editor by posting 10 levels a week. In fact, that just leads to rushed, shoddy, and incomplete levels. Just because you created a level doesn't necessarily mean you should publish it (I have many levels that I've created but haven't published, especially my early ones.)

Put more time into level editing before posting levels. Create a bunch of full levels over the next few weeks, then pick maybe one or two you feel are the best, and post those. This will not only allow for experience in level editing, but will also make them more polished, as you can compare them to your previous levels. And you wont have a bunch of mediocre levels just floating about. Posting every level you've made just looks like you're just posting levels for the hell of it.

And instead of posting new levels all the time, spend that time refining and editing one good level at a time. It would be good to see your creativity show in a quality, full-length level.

At least this is what I would recommend doing.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 22:07:02 by StaticRomantic »