[Difficult][Medium] The Great Escape

• 17 Replies

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
Re: [Difficult][Medium] The Great Escape
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2012, 07:03:21 »
This is a big spoiler to answer Seattalite's question.
Spoiler: level map (click to show/hide)

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2012, 09:24:16 »
This level was pretty decent, and you definitely managed to tell a story, simple as it may be, without using any dialogue.

There are a lot of places, though, where you didn't align the screens properly.  I ended up caught in a wallswim over a dozen times while playing this level, and there is actually an area (The spike pit with the blue key) where you could access the Void if you know where to jump.

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

The challenges were... challenging, most of the time, but there are a lot of areas where I feel I was just cheated.  For instance:

Apart from that, you did a good job.  Hopefully we will see more from you in the near future, yes?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 09:25:52 by Fubaka »
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2012, 00:00:31 »

This was a great level! In a few places it might have been nice to have some more save points.

seattalite:

This is a big spoiler to answer Seattalite's question.
Spoiler: level map (click to show/hide)

Thank you both so much for taking the time to answer my question/issue. and egomass - you're like a rockstar in my opinion - you make great knytt levels AND you made a great mod - so I especially appreciate you responding. I actually went back last night and figured it out. I went all the way back down and just worked my way back up slowly (now having most of the power-ups) and I got it. It was fun. great level.

thanks again you two.