A performance of my choir

• 7 Replies

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
A performance of my choir
« on: June 24, 2012, 23:15:43 »
Most of you probably are not aware of this, but I am part of a youth choir at a music academy here in Portugal (no religious affiliation!). A couple of months ago we went on a trip to Belgium for some concerts, the last of which was recorded and uploaded to youtube. I thought perhaps some of you might find that interesting.

The first two pieces are just by the female voices of the choir. If you don't want to go through the whole thing, I would recommend perhaps just watching the last piece "Aaron Copland - I Bought Me a Cat", as it is especially light-hearted and funny.

By the way, I am the short tenor who moves a lot and does the duck part on this last piece. I know I am sort of ridiculous when I sing, but I can't help it. :P2

Without further ado, here's the link for the playlist. I hope you enjoy it!
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL09657C6983591F70
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 23:18:54 by PONTO »

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
    • Twitter @Raicuparta
Re: A performance of my choir
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 23:31:37 »
When watching the "I Bought Me a Cat" video, my focus turned immediately to you, even before I finished reading your post and realized that it was you. So yeah, you do have a very distinctive way of singing, but I wouldn't call it ridiculous :)
I'm enjoying watching these.
By the way, I'm also Portuguese.

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 23:55:52 »
Thank you! As you might have noticed, we also have a couple of songs in Portuguese there.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 03:52:02 »
It sounds good, but I think you've overwhelmed the church's acoustics. Are there any videos where you accompany the orchestra? I can't imagine that sound in that space. You are certainly an animated singer. People will remember you that way. Which one is your girlfriend?

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 13:36:23 »
Nice stuff!

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 22:09:32 »
The orchestra was not part of our group. They were Belgian and also had a performance. Only the pianist was one of us.

Which one is your girlfriend?
Why would you think one of those girls is my girlfriend? o_O

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 22:04:42 »
Which one is your girlfriend?
Why would you think one of those girls is my girlfriend? o_O
Why wouldn't I? You spend lots of time together. It's inevitable really. This is just an observation, but the girl on the right is the most animated girl. It's possible that she's imitating you out of admiration. You should look into it. :^^:

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 23:00:38 »
Ah, no, that couldn't be farther from the truth! But thanks for the hint anyway, I guess. :P