Yet another flag problem?

• 3 Replies

Offline Exalok

• View Profile
Yet another flag problem?
« on: June 18, 2012, 19:44:22 »
Yeah, sorry about this x_x I've gone through a few threads where people tried to explain what to do, but this flag warp thing still won't work. It might be what I'm trying to do that's impossible, though, so here's the deal:

I've got four screens: L (left screen), M (middle screen), R (right screen), M' (copy of M).
M and M' both have warp icons on them (the orange square with four arrows).
Flag A/0 is supposed to activate when Juni opens a panel on M and is shifted to M' as a result (M shows the panel as closed, M' shows the panel as open - I basically want to change a screen's appearance during the game).
I've set Shift A on screen M to turn on Flag 0 when Juni is moved to M', and I set Flag A as Flag zero in the little drop-down box on the upper half of the screen manager (I'm not sure what that's supposed to do, though).
On screen M', I've set the left and right warps to go to screens L and R respectively, supposedly so it looks like M' replaced M. I also set Flag A as Flag 0, to be sure I wasn't missing anything.

If I'm on screen M, I can move normally back and forth between it and L or R.

Once I shift to M', I can move once to L or once to R normally - but when I move back, I'm back on screen M.
And of course, if I place warp icons on L and R and set them to warp to M', they do so regardless or whether or not Flag A/0 has been activated.

So I'm kinda confused as to how I'm supposed to do this, or if it's even possible x_x Sorry again!

(If no one has a solution, however, I think I'll just copy the screens I've got and make a direct shift - I don't have much yet, so it shouldn't take too long.)

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
Re: Yet another flag problem?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 20:58:25 »
It looks like you're setting Flag 0 properly, but you aren't actually using it. What I think is missing is the FlagWarp in screen M, but I don't really know how to set it with the KS Manager.

Conceptually, it's like this: the Shift in screen M moves the player to M', and the Warp in M' makes the player correctly warp to screens L and R, but now you need a FlagWarp in M, so that when the player reenters M after the Flag has been set, s/he'll be warped back to M'. If you edit the World.ini file by hand, it's just a matter of adding the lines

Code: [Select]
FlagWarpX(A)=x
FlagWarpY(A)=y

Where x and y are the coordinates of M' relative to M. You also don't need to put the Warp Object in M for this to work.
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

Offline Exalok

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 21:22:57 »
I was wondering what the flag warps people were talking about were xD Thank you so much! I'll try that out immediately, see if it fixes my problem.

Offline Exalok

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 21:37:48 »
Am I supposed to insert that code under [xMyM] in the ini file? I put it right after ShiftFlagOn(A)=0, with the coordinates of M' replacing the small x and y, but now when I move back towards M' from L or R after shifting I land in an empty screen (with the purple background?).

EDIT: ahahahaha I just understood how dumb I am xD Sorry! Figured it out. And thank you again for the help!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 21:53:47 by Exalok »