[Solved]How to change font in Signs?

• 8 Replies
[Solved]How to change font in Signs?
« on: August 16, 2012, 20:34:41 »
Hi, i have an issue with Cyrillic text on signs. Is it possible to change font of text on signs because default one doesn't support Cyrillic? If not, is it any way to add some caption which support Unicode instead of text of the signs. Thank You in advance, waiting for response  :)

A pic of my problem:
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
P.S. I have MMF2 if it is required to change fort.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 20:10:21 by John232 »

Offline Healy

• View Profile
Re: How to change font in Signs?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 21:16:40 »
I don't know. I'm pretty sure you'll need MMF2 to change it, though, since there's no way to change the font in the editor. Hopefully Egomassive or someone else who's played around with Knytt Stories in MMF2 will be able to help you.

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 21:28:12 »
I don't know. I'm pretty sure you'll need MMF2 to change it, though, since there's no way to change the font in the editor. Hopefully Egomassive or someone else who's played around with Knytt Stories in MMF2 will be able to help you.
Thx for reply, and this is how it looks in MMF2

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
i haven't seen some font option there  :(

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 23:20:09 »
I've created a Knytt Stories mod that already has a clearer font installed. (See attachment.) I planned to give users the ability to change fonts, but I can't remember if I added that feature yet. If it isn't in there it will be soon as I'll be working on the mod next week. If you want to make your own font you have to create an image like the one shown here. Add your image to the Custom Objects directory in your world's directory. Then add this code to the World.ini:
Code: [Select]
[World]
Sign=MyFont.png

If you want to modify it yourself in MMF2, click on the part that says, "blah blah blah". Look at the properties panel. It should say "Sign Blitter" in it's title I think. Choose the last icon in the properties panel. This should show you a screen that has a "help" button and "edit" button. The "edit" button will open a dialogue that lets you change the font. I warn you though, it's terrible at making font images for you. You'll probably have to make the font image in a real picture editor and import it.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 20:52:47 by egomassive »

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 10:14:31 »
egomassive
Thank you very much :) I'll try that. Hope I'll manage to do this through KS editor because I doubt that I will create font image in right way. Are there some rules or tutorial how to create that font image and how to connect letters with their positions on image. (I have never worked with such kind of fonts)
Again thanks for such big reply.

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 17:05:14 »
Here's how you can change font in KS Ex (see my signature):
Open the level with Level Editor Ex, press Ctrl+D and copy this line there:
Objects.SignText:SetCharacters(WorldPath.."font.png", 7, 13)
font.png is the Cyrillic font that you should put in your level folder.
I'd like to include your Cyrillic version of signs font and ego's clearer font with KS Ex.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 20:52:17 »
@John232: To make your own font for a Knytt Stories mod follow these guidelines:
  • Your image must be 224 pixels wide and 91 pixels high.
  • Each character in your image must fit in a rectangle 7 by 13 pixels. It's better to use a mono-space font.
  • Make sure the background is clear. I've update the image above to show how it should look.
  • Use the following characters in the following order including spaces:
Code: [Select]
!"#$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?
@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[\]^_
`abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz{|}~
€‚ƒ„…†‡ˆ‰Š‹ŒŽ‘’“”•–—˜™š›œžŸ
 ¡¢£¤¥¦§¨©ª«¬­®¯°±²³´µ¶·¸¹º»¼½¾¿
ÀÁÂÃÄÅÆÇÈÉÊËÌÍÎÏÐÑÒÓÔÕÖ×ØÙÚÛÜÝÞß
àáâãäåæçèéêëìíîïðñòóôõö÷øùúûüýþÿ
Note: If you need characters that don't exist in this list you can substitute one of the these that you don't need with your own, but to have it appear in game you'll need to type the character you're replacing. For example, say I wanted to create my own currency symbol. I could replace $ with my symbol. To have it appear in a Sign I type $.

@GrayFace: I'm fine with anyone using this font image in any way. It's too small a thing to worry about ownership, and making these things is a pain I wouldn't want people to suffer needlessly. I've updated the image above to the actual file you'll need.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 21:01:36 by egomassive »

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 21:02:49 »
Use the following characters in the following order including spaces:
Thanks, but i didn't get this. I want to use Cyrillic letters instead of English. Do i need to swap them or add them?

EDIT
Oh i already got it, all is working fine. Though it is a lot of work because of 66 letters O_o, but it is okay) I'm happy that I got a solution. I will definitely show my results  :^^:
Thank you egomassive and GrayFace. Such a great forums here  :)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 23:47:31 by John232 »

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2012, 20:09:44 »
Spend 4 hours but i made it)
Thank You egomassive and GrayFace again for your help
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 22:22:50 by John232 »