Troubles with uploading to the KS archive!

• 3 Replies

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
Troubles with uploading to the KS archive!
« on: June 15, 2012, 04:04:36 »
So I just finished a beta for a level I am working on, and attempted to upload it to knyttlevels.com

It didn't work.

I tried several times, on different computers and on different browsers, but nothing helped.  And before you ask, yes, the level fell within the filesize limit.  It was large, about 30 MB, but it was not over the limit.  Also, yes, it was a compressed .knytt.bin file.

I tried recompressing it, I installed it onto my Knytt Stories game to make sure it wasn't broken, I tried uploading it about a dozen times, but every time, it just failed utterly.  It didn't even give me an error message, it just reset the page to blank.

Am I just missing something?  Is the archive having issues right now?  Do I just have horrendous luck?  Please answer ASAP!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 21:35:32 by Fubaka »
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
Re: Troubles with uploading!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 18:34:34 »
I'm having the exact same trouble trying to upload 'I Dreamed of the Sky' for release. It's 11.5 MB so way below the 50 MB limit. It uploads to 100%, tells me that it's 'waiting for Knyttlevels.com' and then it stops loading and my level's not there. I've tried three times now with no success.

I'm gonna upload the level to a file-hosting site for now, but I don't like/trust those, and would much rather upload it to the archive in the long term. Can someone look into this problem?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 18:41:15 by Talps »

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
    • Twitter @Raicuparta
Re: Troubles with uploading!
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 18:52:25 »
I remember having this problem when trying to upload Obey, ended up just uploading it to Mediafire, which is my favorite but they can delete files if you don't login for a long time (although if the file is downloaded frequently you don't have to).
At the time I thought it was just problem specific to that occasion, as I managed to upload other levels later.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
Re: Troubles with uploading to the KS archive!
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 11:15:45 »
Bah! Knyttlevels.com isn't liking a level I want to upload right now.