Subtitles in cutscenes and upscreen game tips editing

• 6 Replies
Subtitles in cutscenes and upscreen game tips editing
« on: June 13, 2012, 20:36:04 »
Hi all, I'm new here. I like Nifflas' games very much. At the moment I'm trying to edit subtitles in cutscenes and upscreen game tips (e.g which button is for jumping and etc.). Is there some way to edit those texts and where they are?
P.S. Sorry if it was already mentioned somewhere on forum. I didn't find.

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
Re: Subtitles in cutscenes and upscreen game tips editing
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 22:53:23 »
Text in areas (and cutscenes which are technically the same as areas) is found inside the Map.bin file inside the area subfolder; those are binary files, compressed with GZip, with ASCII-encoded text in them.

As for how to edit the text, I don't have the editor with me at the moment, and I don't remember how it works. I'll have a look at it tomorrow if nobody else answers your question.

EDIT: select the screen where you want to add text, then click on the Screen Settings button; in the [General] section you can assign the text you want (on a single line) to the Header property. You can have a look at the code in Lomond as an example.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 07:46:06 by AA »
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 20:21:25 »
Thank U very much for answer :)

But can u give more detail on this:
EDIT: select the screen where you want to add text, then click on the Screen Settings button; in the [General] section you can assign the text you want (on a single line) to the Header property. You can have a look at the code in Lomond as an example.

Did u mean that it need to be done with the help MMF2 Hwa?

And also are texts in the main menu editable?
Thx

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 21:00:06 »
No, you only need to use the editor that comes with the game; I believe MMF2 is only required if you want to make new minigames.

Attached is a screen of the editor on the starting screen of Lomond.

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 22:32:01 »
No, you only need to use the editor that comes with the game; I believe MMF2 is only required if you want to make new minigames.

Attached is a screen of the editor on the starting screen of Lomond.
Thank U very much but still it's very hard for me to use editor but i managed to find texts in Map.bin and modify them.
after editing should i pack that file in .gz and rename extension to .BIN, am I right?

***and the last:
Do i have any chances to translate main menu of Saira?
i tried Hex editors on *.exe but with no luck

EDIT: Almost found all texts to translate to other language, stuck with the main menu.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 16:06:13 by John232 »

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012, 19:23:24 »
I'm sorry, but I doubt I could do anything about that. If you're only interested in translating Saira, I think you should contact Nifflas directly.

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2012, 21:16:09 »
I'm sorry, but I doubt I could do anything about that. If you're only interested in translating Saira, I think you should contact Nifflas directly.
Sent him PM, hoping to get answer soon