• 4 Replies

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
On Reviewing KS Levels
« on: June 13, 2012, 17:05:14 »
Hello, everyone!

I have a question.  (which I am posting here because there seems to be no more specific forum area for these types of things)

I would like to post reviews of new KS levels that are released into the archive and/or the Level Releases section of the forum, because I really like to play KS levels, and want to point out very good new levels that come out, as well as underlining mistakes for creators when I play a not so good level.

So my question, specifically for administrators, is:
Where on the forum, if anywhere, could I post these reviews?

The sooner I get an official answer, the better! 

Until then, cheers,
-Fubaka
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: On Reviewing KS Levels
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 18:09:49 »
The level releases forum has levels that have a download link, and if the level you're reviewing is there, then that would be a good place.

If the level isn't on the forum, I think the best thing would be a topic where you review levels, where each post in that topic could be a level with link etc.

Such topic would be best in this subforum, because its not directed at one level but more a topic with a collection of levels.

Do note that we're working on the new archive which will has a review and comments section that will basically become the place to do this kind of thing. Furthermore, linking to a level from the archive might not work when we implement the new system.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Fubaka

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 18:41:59 »
Interesting.

Firstly, thank you for replying at the speed you did!

Second, do you have an estimate for when the new archive will be released?  If it is any time soon, it would probably be better for me to wait until that is done before I start reviewing.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

Love anything

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 18:57:30 »
Interesting.

Firstly, thank you for replying at the speed you did!

Second, do you have an estimate for when the new archive will be released?  If it is any time soon, it would probably be better for me to wait until that is done before I start reviewing.

Its currently in beta, but due to my time being limited, I can't say how soon it'll be. Could be a matter of weeks or a month or two.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Fubaka

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 21:26:11 »
Its currently in beta, but due to my time being limited, I can't say how soon it'll be. Could be a matter of weeks or a month or two.

Very well then!  I will commence with my reviews.  When the new archive is finished, I will move to that system.

Thanks again!

Love anything