The Knytt Universe

• 8 Replies
The Knytt Universe
« on: April 16, 2009, 13:05:54 »
Hey,

I am new to the forums and wanted to share my 'game' with you to see if you guys like it!  :^^:

basically, you are Juni and you are teleported to another dimension where you must explore the universe to find out the truth...

i am not going to give away what the truth is, but it has something to do with dreams!

ok, thats the main story, moving onto gameplay...

i emphasise on the word game, because the game's length of gameplay can be over 3 hours!

you might seem very cautious that the game takes 3 hours just to complete the main story, but this game is like no other level on Knytt Stories.

If you have ever played a game called Spyro the Dragon, you will know that the levels are in portals. So to get to one level you must go through a portal in the main area of the game.

This is very similar, there are over 20 levels that are different and very lengthy, some may vary.

The music is not the custom music that is provided for the game, its music be David Bearugard. He is the composer to the Ratchet & Clank Soundtracks from the playstation 2.

With that custom music, it shall make the game much more pleasant and fun to play in.

I shall give you guys up to date on progress, ask any questions and i am happy to answer them, any tips would be welcome

If you want I shall give you a list of all the worlds you can go on...!

thanks guys,
-Lukearcade22

Offline Evil

• View Profile
Re: The Knytt Universe
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 13:08:55 »
basically, you are Juni and you are teleported to another dimension where you must explore the universe to find out the truth...

What truth?  :shifty:

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 13:11:07 »
well...

you are just going to have to wait and play the game when it is released!  ;)

4a

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 16:01:53 »

What truth?  :shifty:

Reminds me of KG's Teenhmifnoeafgil. 9_9

I think people need to stop using "Knytt" in their titles so often...
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 16:05:28 by 4a »

Offline Kasran

• TRANSFENESTRATIVE EGRESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 17:03:15 »
+1.

I'm going to have to ask for a screenshot or two before I can decide whether I want to play this level or not.
grao!

4a

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 18:40:05 »
i emphasise on the word game, because the game's length of gameplay can be over 3 hours!

you might seem very cautious that the game takes 3 hours just to complete the main story, but this game is like no other level on Knytt Stories.

Something else bugging me...
Three hours is not necessarily GOOD. I mean, if you can keep the player interested that's good, but usually people just make difficult challenges rather than fun new things. Either that or have a lot of screens with not much on them, which is okay if it's for some kind of atmosphere but if it's just for taking up space/time, then that's a real waste. 9_9
I also have to contest that 'like no other level on Knytt Stories' nonsense. If you want to be fair, most levels aren't like other levels. On the other hand, almost every level shares some things (Juni, for instance, regardless of what different name you give her).
To be more on the point, I can think of three levels that took me a long time to play (I don't time myself, so I don't know about three hours, but whatever)--Gaia, Whodunnit?, and Teenhmifnoeafgil.
Gaia was just big and honestly I thought it was one of the most boring levels ever, but it does take a long time to play and I'm betting this level will be a lot like it. <_<
On the other hand, Whodunnit? took a while for its reasoning aspect and completely different focus (compared to other levels) and Teenhmifnoeafgil was big but actually fun and had a boss fight. :D

I shouldn't judge since the level's not done yet, but I'm of the opinion that copying a video game concept and translating it to KS is not such a good idea. A lot of things, like Juni's pacifistic nature and the specificity of shifts, stick out at me.
Also, Spyro sucked big time.

Offline JC Grim the 'crete reaper

• I might be sick, broken, torn to pieces...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 02:17:30 »
+2

Except, I called it way back in November, and mine is original and catchy. XD
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

- George Orwell

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 05:33:18 »
I am new to the forums and wanted to share my 'game' with you to see if you guys like it!  :^^:

The music is not the custom music that is provided for the game, its music be David Bearugard. He is the composer to the Ratchet & Clank Soundtracks from the playstation 2.
e much more pleasant and fun to play in.

Well first...

WELCOME TO THE FORUM! and the world of level editing...sort of..... XD

now for some knytt picking (<-ha pun  :P2)
due to the recently (well maybe not now) rule
your not allowed to use music from someone else unless
you have permission from them
so unfortuantely you wont be able to use it
without permission

theres more information bout that here
http://nifflas.ni2.se/forum/index.php?topic=32.0

yeah....sorry bout that  :S

4a

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2009, 17:50:57 »
+2

Except, I called it way back in November, and mine is original and catchy. XD

Rawr. D:
Well I wasn't here in November so there!