Need music for your game? Check out my stuff! :D

• 4 Replies
Need music for your game? Check out my stuff! :D
« on: May 22, 2012, 01:28:53 »
Hey there, My names Stereopixel!
I'm a composer who specifies in Video Game Music.

I've joined these forums to be assistance to any game developers in need of music.
I work for free on Non-Commercial projects and Work relatively fast.

I am experienced in all types of styles from Techno to Ambient to Orchestral.

You can check some of my work out here:
http://youtu.be/WDltar4p1BE  

and

http://youtu.be/SP9qyPhCtNo

You can contact me at Stereopix3l@gmail.com or here if you are interested in collaborating!

Peace~

Edit by Miss Paula: don't be shy, you can advertise yourself in your topic (title) ;)

« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 19:26:40 by Miss Paula »

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Need music for your game? Check out my stuff! :D
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 00:20:05 »
Reaction to the first link (also on youtube):

Peaceful and pure scene music you say? I think this fits the theme "lonely" much better. This is due to the chordscheme and notes in the melody used though. This feeling goes away at 2:35 when the drums kick in. Then again, the drums don't fit the peaceful scene either because they're just too present and loud. This distracts.

That aside, this is nice music that would work for a certain game, though the drums make it a bit complicated as it throws you out of the mood.

Reaction to the second video (also posted on youtube):

I like the music, but the rapid kick around 1:00 seems a bit out of place compared to the rest.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Dj Gopher

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 08:01:42 »
I'm listening to the first one right now and enjoying it a lot. I really like the atmosphere it suggests, but as LPChip said, the drums kind of disturb it and turn it into a more progressive feeling rather than a settled, content and peaceful one. It is still beautiful however and I look forward to hearing more of your music :)

I'm no game developer, but if you ever want a little challenge or just get bored, I have a suggestion for you. The first few minutes of the first song have a very quaint and quiet feel to them; try applying this to an industrial, perhaps sad and overdeveloped environment.

Anyway, as the song just ended, I really enjoyed it :) You have a lot of talent, I think you just need to try and focus on a single atmosphere because you seemed to distract a bit from one great vibe into another vibe that, although equally nice, was kind of opposing to the first.
(then again I've only heard one song and this could have been completely on purpose :P )

and with that I'm off to snoop about your other musics.

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 15:59:59 »
Since I am working on a game project I decided earlier to have him make the music for that, though not for the atmospheric type of music presented here. He's got a knack for upbeat music as well.
SG's difficult KS levels:
Very Hard: Dark Sea, Industral Trap.
Lunatic: Dark Sea 2, Going Left.
Very Lunatic: Safety 1, 2, and 3.
Misc: AdvancedAmidst the Clouds, Candy Town.

Offline Jo.7

• View Profile
    • Jo.7 @ Bandcamp
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 21:53:20 »
I like the ambient sound of it. but I think the drums do not fit with the rest of the stuff.