Knytt speedrun

• 3 Replies
Knytt speedrun
« on: May 18, 2012, 17:13:44 »
I made a speedrun back in December, put it on Youtube. Thought I might put it here as well.

A couple things:
* I used both cheats built into the game to make it go a lot faster. I didn't count these as cheats because they're a part of the game that you discover during your first playthrough, if you look around a bit. If using them discounts this as an 'official' time, so be it. I wasn't going for a world record.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXCOeZsAxPE

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
Re: Knytt speedrun
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 08:35:06 »
Not bad :) The route you took seemed to be well planned. However, at times it looked like you were a bit lost (but yeah, the Knytt world is easy to get lost into). Also, too bad for the big jump over the water (is it technically feasible, by the way).

If you're interested in the rules for 'official' speed runs of the game, someone submitted a run on SpeedDemosArchive once (you can see the post about it here), but it got rejected because the runner didn't use the secret passages and warps; it also seems the 'cheats' you used weren't allowed, but that could be a matter of discussing it more in depth. Twin Galaxies doesn't seem to have any runs or discussions about Knytt.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 08:38:05 by AA »
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 15:38:50 »
I'm sure you could have been faster, but the important thing for me is that it was really fun to watch and brought back some fun memories of Knytt (I haven't played it in quite a  while). Thanks!

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 15:50:44 »
Also, too bad for the big jump over the water (is it technically feasible, by the way).

Definitely; I've made it before, I just didn't try again. You gotta jump right on the edge.