Say a thing, and a guy will (maybe) draw it

• 2 Replies

Offline Healy

• View Profile
Say a thing, and a guy will (maybe) draw it
« on: May 15, 2012, 03:02:33 »
We have this topic at another forum I frequent, and I thought it would be a good fit here. Basically people suggest stuff they want to see drawn (but don't have the time and/or skill to do), and some kind soul (maybe, it can sometimes go for weeks before someone decides to draw a suggestion) decides to take on one or more of the drawing requests. There isn't really a game aspect here; either your stuff gets drawn or it doesn't, and either way there's not much you can do about it. Artist dudes, maybe you could step in here once in a while to get inspiration?

Anyway, I'll start this topic off with a suggestion of my own. Recently I realized that two of my favorite comics, Gunnerkrigg Court and Gun Show (warning, latter comic can get really not-safe-for-work, and in fact the latest comic epitomizes NSFW) both have "Gun" at the very start of their titles. I would like to see some sort of cross-over between the two, any kind of cross-over at all.

Offline BeamishBoy

• And has thou slain the Jabberwock?
    • View Profile
    • Ball With Hat
Re: Say a thing, and a guy will (maybe) draw it
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 19:46:29 »
I thought it would be a shame if this idea died, because I think it's a cool one, so I threw together a drawing based on the "Gun" crossover. My sleep schedule blames you for not one, but TWO archive binges (although I had read Gunnerkrigg Court before), so I hope you like the result. Because there isn't much continuity in Gun Show, I took the visual and humor style from it and combined them with a character from Gunnerkrigg Court.

I don't know if I'm supposed to make the next suggestion, but I will just for the sake of keeping this moving. I'm taking an idea from Thurber's New Natural History: the next artist's challenge is to take a few random words and draw a creature that matches each word. Note that the creature doesn't have to be described by the word: for example, a "Tall" doesn't have to be tall. Just draw whatever your brain spits out first. I'll explain more if this explanation is confusing.
BeamishBoy

Offline Mr Fish

• |#R. FIsH > ?"
    • View Profile
Re: Say a thing, and a guy will (maybe) draw it
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 23:12:35 »
...explain more...? xD