Yet another board request.

• 19 Replies

Offline Gaeel

• View Profile
Re: Yet another board request.
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2009, 22:21:09 »
Why? This is supposed to be the Nifflas's Support Forum (or forum for niff-related or creativity-related stuff), not a place to talk about anything not concerning those topics. I believe LPChip said something like this before.
Yes, but...How do I explain this?...Super Mario World Central has a board called the World of Insanity for spamming, pretty much. This is what the board description says.
"If you absolutely have to post crappy threads then, for god's sake, do it here and keep the other forums clean.
Please note that the purpose of this forum is NOT to encourage spammy threads, but to keep them in one place."

See, off-topic boards aren't to encourage spam, but to keep them in one place. Also, if someone spams, it can be sent there so that the person can continue their pointless "discussion."

Or, when someone does spam, the mods just delete/lock the post and give the user a warning, if it happens again, ban the user. It's a much more effective method of spam control...
Code: [Select]
<Gaeel> I love you Dataflashsabot!
<Dataflashsabot> I love you too Gaeel!
<Gaeel> Wait are we really having this conversation?
<Dataflashsabot> I think we might be a figment of Gaeel's twisted imagination...

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2009, 22:57:20 »
Yes, but...How do I explain this?...Super Mario World Central has a board called the World of Insanity for spamming, pretty much. This is what the board description says.
"If you absolutely have to post crappy threads then, for god's sake, do it here and keep the other forums clean.
Please note that the purpose of this forum is NOT to encourage spammy threads, but to keep them in one place."

See, off-topic boards aren't to encourage spam, but to keep them in one place. Also, if someone spams, it can be sent there so that the person can continue their pointless "discussion."

This isn't the Super Mario World Central Forum, it's Nifflas's Support Forum. If you simply must spam, then why not spam there? :D

And if you want to talk with other forum users about random miscellany, there's always #niffchat.
good bye

Offline KG

• Perhaps.
    • View Profile
    • Kittens
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2009, 23:26:47 »

This isn't the Super Mario World Central Forum, it's Nifflas's Support Forum. If you simply must spam, then why not spam there? :D

Ugh man. As a random, off-topic note--I hated the community at Super Mario World Central.

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2009, 05:23:01 »
I think a board to post whatever would be a good thing. We're a community of people who share intrests, and it would be nice to have a place to just talk. :)
Regarding the tilesets, I think we should just have a thread to post tilesets in, just temporarily.
Also, I think we need a general KS level discussion board even after the archive update, so we can still talk about levels on the forum. A forum discussion is far diffrent then comments. It's more in-depth, and I prefer it. It would be nice to have both.

Check out my tilesets!

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2009, 01:14:12 »
I agree with the tileset board. (Assuming that also means gradients, COs, etc.)
Lurk more.