[Maze][Easy][Small] Cave Adventure

• 6 Replies

Offline jdl

• View Profile
[Maze][Easy][Small] Cave Adventure
« on: May 11, 2012, 00:52:36 »
This is my second level, made with my own tileset (except for the starting room's tileset of course). Explore a cave and gather all the keys and items to leave, enjoy!

Download here.

I have a feeling that I should have made this longer, but I sort of lost inspiration after making the darker areas.

Edit: Added screenshots below.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 13:00:26 by jdl »

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
Re: [Maze][Easy][Small] Cave Adventure
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 07:25:40 »
I'll check this out when I'm next at a computer with KS on it, but for now you should consider adding screenshots to your level release threads!

Offline jdl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 13:02:08 »
I'll check this out when I'm next at a computer with KS on it, but for now you should consider adding screenshots to your level release threads!

Good point, I've added some screenshots in the first post now. :)

Offline ixMarcel

• I'll get you during my next save game!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 19:28:00 »
Very good level C)! This tileset is yours? It's very, very nice C)p.

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 02:22:48 »
I liked it. I think a good maze level should be a bit... twistier, though. Not necessarily longer, just a bit more puzzling.
Spoiler: Some minor gripes (click to show/hide)
Other than that, the level was great! I really liked what you did with the tileset. It had just enough variation to give each area a distinctive "look", while still making the level look consistent.

Offline jdl

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 02:43:39 »
I liked it. I think a good maze level should be a bit... twistier, though. Not necessarily longer, just a bit more puzzling.
Spoiler: Some minor gripes (click to show/hide)
Other than that, the level was great! I really liked what you did with the tileset. It had just enough variation to give each area a distinctive "look", while still making the level look consistent.

Thanks! I see what you mean by more "twistier". I guess I didn't really make a maze at all, just a straight path for the most part.
For the transition into the cave.. Well, there wasn't too much I could do with the outside tileset that simulates a cave opening, maybe I should have looked at some other tilesets.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 19:02:35 »
Cute level. I like room x1004y1002 a lot, which is good because you managed to get a lot of use out of it.