Betatesting time: Knyttlevels!

• 63 Replies

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Betatesting time: Knyttlevels!
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2012, 22:47:00 »
just realized that if the temporary KS level board will be deleted, i'll have to replace ≈70 links on youtube and in the tigsource lists. i'd like to selfishly suggest to keep it but forbid starting new topics in it

I'm not going to flip a switch to have the forum one day, and the level archive the other, but at some point in the future, the forum section will be removed.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2012, 08:15:01 »
I'm not going to flip a switch to have the forum one day, and the level archive the other, but at some point in the future, the forum section will be removed.

That's a shame. I liked ortoslon's 'don't delete, just lock forever' suggestion.

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2012, 11:20:42 »
just realized that if the temporary KS level board will be deleted, i'll have to replace ≈70 links on youtube and in the tigsource lists. i'd like to selfishly suggest to keep it but forbid starting new topics in it
I once had to individually change the name and description of over 500 videos on Youtube, it was horrible.

Offline Saml

• now I've got a pie turtle too
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2012, 06:18:59 »
If it's not too late, I would also like to beta-test the new archive!
I have published around 6 levels (mostly small (but well-received!)) and made a few public tilesets.
I also managed the Nifftown community level back in the day, although it has become old hat.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Now that stars are official, I can go wild down here! :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar:
Quote from: Nifflas
There are many things you can explode. Cats, paintings of fruit, Kaknästornet, factories...

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2012, 15:15:21 »
I have a question about the new Knytt Level Archive, and this seemed as good a thread as any to post in: Have you started the beta-testing on this early? Because I can't access the main Archive website (I think it just redirects to Google for some reason?). Dunno if levels are still downloadable or not; I can't check since I'm at work.

Offline Yoeri

• Normality is relative
    • View Profile
    • Bumper's business
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2012, 15:26:37 »
I have a question about the new Knytt Level Archive, and this seemed as good a thread as any to post in: Have you started the beta-testing on this early? Because I can't access the main Archive website (I think it just redirects to Google for some reason?). Dunno if levels are still downloadable or not; I can't check since I'm at work.

What do you mean? If the old archive is still accessible? Of course it is.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2012, 16:33:33 »
Beta-testing's started, but it's a separate part of the site. The old level archive still works for me, so the problem might be on your end.

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2012, 17:04:46 »
Weird. Here's the page I get redirected to: http://www.google.com/Sorry
(Note: I'm not really sure of the veracity of this link, so don't click it unless you know what you're doing and are on a secure computer.)

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2012, 17:14:15 »
Are you suggesting that someone hacked google.com? :P
I clicked it and it's just a 404 page. I'm a bit confused here, are you saying that when you visit http://knyttlevels.com/ it redirects you do http://www.google.com/Sorry ? Everything's fine on my end.

Maybe you should try a different browser, or even a different system? There's a chance that somehow you managed to get your hosts file changed so that it redirects knyttleves to google, but I find that unlikely.

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2012, 18:17:54 »
I assume that Chrome does this when you point to an invalid url (usually because of a typo. Can you click the link and verify that it works? It works for everyone else, so there must be something wrong on your end. Also, check for spyware.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2012, 20:46:09 »
Actually, this has been happening to me on Firefox. And I think I know what the problem is now: every time I click on the knyttlevels.com link through a search engine or something, it redirects to that Google page. I'm not sure what could possibly be causing that behavior though.

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2012, 21:51:50 »
Yup, same here.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2012, 22:48:21 »
Google's link to KnyttLevels' been hacked! I linked through Google, correct address, and it opened a Russian address with a fake virus message.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 22:55:32 by egomassive »

Offline Yoeri

• Normality is relative
    • View Profile
    • Bumper's business
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2012, 00:10:19 »
Google's link to KnyttLevels' been hacked! I linked through Google, correct address, and it opened a Russian address with a fake virus message.
What they said.

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2012, 00:12:49 »
Its not just google. If you search through bing.com, you get to the google page too.

Jace, do you maybe have some anti-bot security that causes this?

MODPlug Central Forum