Betatesting time: Knyttlevels!

• 63 Replies

Offline Grookie

• View Profile
Re: Betatesting time: Knyttlevels!
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2012, 15:24:04 »
Yay that's totally great the level archive is coming! I saw the preview of the project (if it was what I mean) and it seemed glorious, I so looked forward, and finally it's here! ^^

I'd like to apply too :D
I made 3 levels: 1 noob (The Forest), 1 normal medium-sized (The Valley),  and 1 experimental (Morass)
Also, I've made a couple of custom tilesets (for my levels, and some unused too).

I twice (?) betatested other KS levels.

And I love to play the KS, I love the kind and nice atmosphere. I used to play A Strange Dream very many times, The Machine and other stories too. Now I don't play that much, but sometimes I play couple of levels :D
But I'm only an average player. When I can't pass through a challenge, I end the game and try again later.

This looks like a heavy brag, so I'd better stop :O
:turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle:
Spoiler: Archievements (click to show/hide)

Offline rainulous

• I never picked up the key.
    • View Profile
    • Hartje Music
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2012, 17:13:20 »
I'd like to join in with the testing.
I've tested a few things before.
Thanks for the stars, everyone!

Offline BloxMaster

• Master of the Bloxes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2012, 12:12:54 »
I'd love to beta test! We've been waiting for this for a while. Note that I've been really busy lately, but I'd still like to give it a try.

Achievements:
  • Beaten all original KS levels (by nifflas and the third party pack)
  • Able to complete (most) very hard levels

• KS level: The Ghost World
  • KS level: Green LiNes
  • KS level: Level 5
  • KS level: Upwards Sky
  • KS level: Steel Flower
  • KS Modification: KSA (Knytt Stories Advanced)

• Willingness to help
  • Deeply interested in project since early theory

Should be it! Will look forward to the completion in any-case. :)

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2012, 16:11:19 »
I'm interested in beta testing. I've done a lot of beta testing, especially for Nifflas related stuff. Look, it even says beta tester under my name!

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2012, 15:12:27 »
I won't apply for testing, despite the fact that I'm very much looking forward to the website, because lately I've been really busy and I won't have time to do it propperly, so I would rather not take the place of someone who would surely do a better job than mine. Still, it would be great if someone could post a screenshot or two... please? :D

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2012, 16:43:09 »
I won't apply for testing, despite the fact that I'm very much looking forward to the website, because lately I've been really busy and I won't have time to do it propperly, so I would rather not take the place of someone who would surely do a better job than mine. Still, it would be great if someone could post a screenshot or two... please? :D

Miss Paula is right, when LPChip left his position as an administrator, he also stopped working on the level archive. J agreed to help me out, but frankly, since then, not a lot has happened.
Since LPChip was the original programmer of it and also kind of managed how everything's supposed to be done, I'm a bit frightened now. There's really not much left to do, but me and J still have to get into it. I hope we can finish it in the near future, abandoning it near completion would be stupid.
Actually, I think the only thing left to do are the review feature and some minor tweaks, better design maybe.
Here are some screenshots, I hope they reveal something new to you...

Browse page
Level info page

:)

Looki once posted screenshots. The content has slighly changed, but not so much that I need to make a new screenshot. Only on the second screenshot, the review has dramatically changed, but thats not worth making a new screenshot for either.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2012, 17:47:58 »
You talk like if a screenshot takes weeks to take. What am I missing here?

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2012, 18:15:36 »
You talk like if a screenshot takes weeks to take. What am I missing here?

The fact that I have limited time, and thus try to be very efficient with it. Looki made screenshots already and there's not that much new to see, so I reuse them. :)

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline ixMarcel

• I'll get you during my next save game!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2012, 18:31:46 »
The screenshots looks great! If I can suggest something - It would be nice if you add a user rating (Maybe stars?). User after download a level, will be able to rate it. You can also add catergory "Best levels"  :).

Offline SiamJai

• View Profile
    • A gaming blog like no other.
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2012, 05:00:19 »
The screenshots looks great! If I can suggest something - It would be nice if you add a user rating (Maybe stars?). User after download a level, will be able to rate it. You can also add catergory "Best levels".

User rating is already in place, and the score shows up on the level list. Also, users can order the level list by score, and can even limit the list to levels with a certain rating - so this way, 'best levels' is already in place as well. :)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 05:16:22 by SiamJai »

Offline Dukit

• "I often quote myself" -Dukit
    • View Profile
    • A Tumblr
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2012, 23:00:18 »
I'd love to get in if I can. Been looking forward to this since I heard of it.

I've made a set of puzzle levels, Three Square, Four Square, Logic, and Reason, and I've been a more or less silent member of the forums for years.
Who?

Offline B-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2012, 06:00:16 »
If you still need help, sign me up! :D

Knytt Stories Involvement
-Active since release
-Played and completed all official levels and very many community ones
-Able to beat levels of just about any difficulty given the time
-Created The Great Race, which was on several players favorite levels lists (yay!), as well as some other small levels
-Created several tilesets
-Tampered with nearly all aspects of the level editor including custom objects

Other points of interest
-Have been following Nifflas with interest ever since the release of Within a Deep Forest
-As a result of the above point, have been looking for ways to get involved with community projects
-Summer vacation starts in three weeks which will give me plenty of time to help
-Affinity for nitpicking mistakes in games (even the games I really like!) out of an interest to improve said games

Thanks for your time and good luck on the project!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 06:03:47 by B-Man »

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2012, 18:25:26 »
Cool! Add me to the list of candidates. I do ASP.NET programming.

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2012, 23:15:19 »
The beta has started, and I've selected the first members for the beta.

I've chosen to not give everyone in this topic beta access, to limit the flow a little. In a week or so I'll assign more people beta status.

For now, I've selected members who I think will benefit us when they test the system. If I skipped you, don't feel offended. I might've had you in mind, but just reached the number I had in mind for selecting members.

How do you know if you're a member? I've given you a star and you can see a hidden forum. :)

For all betatesters, the information you need is in the welcome topic in that forum.

MODPlug Central Forum

Offline ortoslon

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2012, 22:18:38 »
just realized that if the temporary KS level board will be deleted, i'll have to replace ≈70 links on youtube and in the tigsource lists. i'd like to selfishly suggest to keep it but forbid starting new topics in it
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 22:24:38 by ortoslon »