• 9 Replies

Offline Dukit

• "I often quote myself" -Dukit
    • View Profile
    • A Tumblr
[Easy, Maze, Small] Dim Square
« on: February 24, 2012, 04:46:38 »
Hello everyone. :D

So this is one part a test of one of my tilesets and another part 3 Square entirely reskinned. I don't think I'll reskin the other ones but I may repost them here as well.

Dim Square
3 Square
Who?

Offline Healy

• View Profile
Re: [Easy, Maze, Small] Dim Square
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 05:54:43 »
Just played through Dim Square. Pretty neat! The tileset gave it a creepy feel, sorta.

Offline lamarblake

• ICU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 06:34:06 »
love this. well done. short and sweet.

Offline ortoslon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 06:36:26 »
much better than the old skin

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 14:18:21 »
Long live the new flesh!

Offline ortoslon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 17:04:30 »

Offline Dukit

• View Profile
    • A Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 05:33:17 »
Wish I had some kind of music to back up the new tileset but sadly music is not my area of expertise.
Who?

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 22:59:21 »
I love the original and its sequels, but I have to disagree with the others. I thought the new tileset made long jumps unnecessarily complicated (black water vs. black tiles), and it wasn't creepy enough due to the cute little circles pattern... I think the tileset from Evangelos's maze level - http://nifflas.lpchip.nl/index.php?topic=1885.0 - would've worked beautifully here (and I don't think anyone has used it since Evangelos...), if you were going for a creepy feeling, but then there's just one color there, whereas you need more.

Just curious, are you planning to make any new levels? The four puzzle levels I know of are absolutely beautiful; I wish you'd make something new.

Offline Dukit

• View Profile
    • A Tumblr
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 11:42:02 »
:D Thanks for the compliments!

I'm not sure how the tileset makes the jumps any more complicated. It's the same distance and the water is actually lower in the dim side. The walls are also unclimbable so there is no saving yourself if you do miss the jump regardless unless you have double jump which makes the jump simple anyway.

The tileset wasn't really going for creepy so much as a fun (to make) / abstract / ~flexible tileset.

I remember that level.
Spoiler: Slight spoiler (click to show/hide)
The tileset could work, but I kind of like working with my own to get better at making them and such.

Somewhat? I have some ideas and concept for levels I'd like to try but I've needed tilesets and / or COs for them that has kind of put me off so they've been somewhere on my large and frequently employed back burner. :/
Who?

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 05:38:55 »
They're both good skins. My only issue with 3 Square is that the "Ghost?" blocks (that appear once you pick up the eyeball power) are somewhat hard to see. Just a minor issue, though.

The same "Ghost" blocks are much see to notice in Dim Square.