« Reply #165 on: December 29, 2016, 20:04:08 »
Excellent cave ) Level WIP ? Or not..? :oops:

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
Re: The Tree of Knowledge [challenge/normal/large]
« Reply #166 on: December 30, 2016, 06:13:20 »

Not at the moment sadly. I admit I was distracted by another game community which I made some stuff for and then there was Christmas. More than all that, when I make stuff for this corner of the internet I work on a side project. You can see some details about it on my personal website. Incedentally, I've played some free indie games lately and been reminded how bad most of them are or when they're great they're usually disappointingly short. It's given me renewed faith in how worthwhile of a project "The Tree of Knowledge" is.

« Reply #167 on: December 30, 2016, 16:59:16 »

Not at the moment sadly. I admit I was distracted by another game community which I made some stuff for and then there was Christmas. More than all that, when I make stuff for this corner of the internet I work on a side project. You can see some details about it on my personal website. Incedentally, I've played some free indie games lately and been reminded how bad most of them are or when they're great they're usually disappointingly short. It's given me renewed faith in how worthwhile of a project "The Tree of Knowledge" is.

Thanks for the answer ) Yep, sadly, of course.. But anyway, I will wait for news) And level )))

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #168 on: April 16, 2017, 23:54:27 »
In case anyone is wondering, this project has been THE project I've been working on lately. I'm determined to make this year the year it comes out. I've been working on it for so so long that I mostly keep it to myself when I make progress, but I've just successfully worked on it every day of the Lenten season. And considering how quiet this forum has been lately, I thought I'd post a screenshot as an Easter surprise for anyone who might check on the forum.

It's a rocky beach. I borrowed the tree from Through the Swamp, but it was based on graphics made for this level. I must admit that I love the look of TtS so much that it's been hard to stay true to this level's look.

Offline SC

• Ha-ha-ha! Videogames! *laugh track*
    • View Profile
    • My personal website!
« Reply #169 on: April 17, 2017, 08:49:35 »
YEEESSSSSSSSS. So glad to see another update on this level!! Can't wait until it drops!

Offline ixMarcel

• I'll get you during my next save game!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 17, 2017, 11:21:42 »
That screenshot looks lovely!

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 17, 2017, 12:48:29 »
Aw man, working on KS every day for Lent? Wish I'd thought of that. It'd be really great to see this level released; hope you keep it up.

Offline Ultigonio

• I'm sleepy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 18, 2017, 03:26:34 »
Great to hear you're so motivated!  I recently took to working on a separate project and I definitely found forcing myself to a daily schedule to be strongly productive, so it's great to hear you've been able to make time for such a plan.
Indefinitely Held Off:
Pouring
Complete:
This Level Plays Itself!

My SoundCloud

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #173 on: May 24, 2017, 23:23:23 »
Here's a little diary of a single element I spent an insane amount of time perfecting. I decided to give those skeletal characters by Johnny Chthonic a cameo, and I decided my rendition needed an axe. Boy did I struggle with that axe. Since only the final version is making it into the game I thought I'd share my attempts here.

Note: Axes are triple scale. Appears in a scene lit from the lower left.

The first one on the left wasn't primitive enough and it read background decoration to me. The blade kills if you walk into it. The middle attempt was certainly primitive, but I went overboard on the realism and the brutishness. Surly Johnny's monsters are stronger than they look, but this thing probably outweighs it's wielder 2 to 1. And that brings us to the final form. Light, primitive, huge, and utterly appropriate for my Chthonite (which has a little more detail than the original one depicted.)

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 25, 2017, 18:42:28 »
I loved those creatures and I look forward to seeing them in the game. Your art is brilliant here, and I agree with your assessments.

Very happy that this is still rolling along!

Offline SC

• Ha-ha-ha! Videogames! *laugh track*
    • View Profile
    • My personal website!
« Reply #175 on: June 24, 2021, 03:04:07 »
So. It's been over four years since the last post. Any updates on this level, Ego?

Offline Alen13ASC

• Big fan of Knytt stories, also a MCU fan too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 27, 2021, 17:44:54 »
Wow, what a project  :O

I understand why you took so much time to design it.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #177 on: July 28, 2021, 13:03:34 »
Mostly it's because I don't work on it very often. I still hope to get it finished some day, but it's very ambitious and overwhelms me. My sister likes to say, "If it's not impossible, it's not worth doing." She's referring to her own artistic endeavors, but I find we are very much alike.

Offline Alen13ASC

• Big fan of Knytt stories, also a MCU fan too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 28, 2021, 16:17:58 »
That's cute, and she is right. We're always in quest for impossible, chasing the dreams. No matter what hobby is about.