I can't believe I had forgotten about this, I am excited again!  C)p
Emma fell down a well - Enviromental KS level inspired by Salmoneous/Elder
Level in the works: Whitebow Island

Offline Ultigonio

• I'm sleepy!
    • View Profile
Re: The Tree of Knowledge [challenge/normal/large]
« Reply #151 on: June 19, 2015, 22:11:45 »
All of that sounds great!  Especially loving the sound of that new feature.  I'm hoping I'll be able to get my "spark" back for Deep Freeze so I can start working on it at a more brisk pace.
Indefinitely Held Off:
Pouring
Complete:
This Level Plays Itself!

My SoundCloud

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #152 on: June 26, 2015, 08:06:08 »
I made 27 new screens since my last post not including duplicates. I did a bit of tileset work too. I'm working on an underground tunnel system presently. When traveling though it the first time you won't have many abilities, and I'm having a lot of fun designing a network for different power levels. Here is a shot of a pretty screen which gives away nothing. ;)

Offline scwizard

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 28, 2015, 12:40:13 »
Just played the earth temple test.

I think it could be more clear that blue eyes = bouncy thing. I'm pretty sure there's a way to show that by having Juni land on a bouncy thing when she falls or similar.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #154 on: June 30, 2015, 03:29:01 »
Just played the earth temple test.

I think it could be more clear that blue eyes = bouncy thing. I'm pretty sure there's a way to show that by having Juni land on a bouncy thing when she falls or similar.
Thank you for the feedback. I consider changing that every time I play through it. When formal beta-testing has been conducted I'll make a decision. The color blue is significant, and players should be well aware of that by the time they get to the temple. That doesn't mean it can't be better though.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 03:33:50 by egomassive »

Offline SC

• Ha-ha-ha! Videogames! *laugh track*
    • View Profile
    • My personal website!
« Reply #155 on: July 24, 2015, 03:08:03 »
Sweet! So happy to find that work is being done on this level again! Can't wait for the (eventual) final release!

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #156 on: July 31, 2015, 08:41:12 »
It's taken me 3 weeks to make this tileset. Ooff! I'm really happy with the results. The ground tiles are a pixelated re-working of the Volcanic Island tileset from A Knytt in Time. Much of the decoration in this set is greatly inspired by the work of the Andersson brothers, particularly Fredrik's Rough Sea Landscape. Those guys were so good at this sort of thing.

The pink foliage is solid and the bridge is a pass-through platform. As usual, constructive criticism is welcome.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #157 on: July 31, 2015, 09:57:01 »
Looks gorgeous. I really like the little red tipped plants, the miniature versions of the trees used in the distance, and the subtle rock texture.

Offline pfrangip

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 31, 2015, 21:42:08 »
It's taken me 3 weeks to make this tileset. Ooff! I'm really happy with the results. The ground tiles are a pixelated re-working of the Volcanic Island tileset from A Knytt in Time. Much of the decoration in this set is greatly inspired by the work of the Andersson brothers, particularly Fredrik's Rough Sea Landscape. Those guys were so good at this sort of thing.

The pink foliage is solid and the bridge is a pass-through platform. As usual, constructive criticism is welcome.

Good gravy that is an excellent tile-set! Gorgeous, three layers with miniatures of each other. The straight lines and flat trees I like, because it just screams "Pixely Knytt World" while still being exceptionally eye-pleasing. Along with the other screenshots from Page 1, the tilesets look like they're just going to give this world a layer of visual depth we haven't seen in a KS level in a long time.

Psh, "Constructive critiscism" my heiny. :shocked: What can I even find wrong? I guess, uh, there's not a lot of details to break up the large regions of granite in the foreground.

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #159 on: July 31, 2015, 23:02:18 »
I always liked the simpler tilesets. I'll presume your 3 weeks included a lot of on-and-off-ness?

Glad to see you're still pecking away at this mountain.
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 01, 2015, 17:24:42 »
Screenshot looks great, though I'd say the foreground rock looks rather flat, especially inside the cave.

Offline CWolvie

• Expect the unexpected.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 03, 2015, 19:11:19 »
Treetops look better if they're round, but it's just my opinion.
Finished levels:
(my first try)

“Oh heart, if one should say to you that the soul perishes like the body, answer that the flower withers, but the seed remains.” ~ Khalil Gibran

Offline SC

• Ha-ha-ha! Videogames! *laugh track*
    • View Profile
    • My personal website!
« Reply #162 on: August 03, 2015, 22:26:35 »
I LOVE the shading on the trees/leaves. It reminds me of the folder icons from Windows 98, somehow. And the background rocks look great, too. They have a really simplistic style to them.

And yes, I would agree with Talps in saying that the foreground rocks do look a bit flat. Maybe use the same shading method used on the leaves/trees, but with a bit more depth?

(I also feel that the grass on the foreground rocks maybe needs some work as well.)

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #163 on: May 13, 2016, 14:27:36 »
Ahem. The forum's been pretty quiet this week, and I've been torn away from TToK to work on another Nifforum related project, so I thought I'd show off an area of the game never before seen. My lack of updates in this topic are largely due to the fact that I've been using tilesets I've already shown or I've been making areas I don't want to reveal. Progress has been very slow but steady.

This cave system is meant to have many cracks where sunlight can stream in and so there are strange plants. I was in the process of drawing the plants when I got distracted from this project. There will be many more huddled around the rays of light in the future. With the large plant here I wanted to create a jump-through platform, but at the same time give it natural lines. I'm pretty sure I accomplished that.

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #164 on: June 27, 2016, 19:07:27 »
Wow, really love the depth of the image. Nice colours as well. I also like how alien the plant looks. Great work.