[challenge/medium] Trapped With a Monster

• 3 Replies

Offline CWolvie

• Expect the unexpected.
    • View Profile
[challenge/medium] Trapped With a Monster
« on: August 09, 2021, 20:12:09 »
Hello everyone! :)

Do you remember my first silly level called Save the high-jump? If so, I would like to introduce my second level currently in progress. It's called Trapped With a Monster with two endings depending on your (moral? human-friendly? unselfish?) choice. :nuts:
Well, the concept of this level was created by accident, I didn't plan to create any KS level (As you may have seen, I'm not good at it), but I've started making screens randomly and this is the result of it:

The story is a bit unusual: Juni returned home after an adventure and something terrible happened to her. She was abducted! But she's not alone...

That's all. I know it's not a bombastic level with a lots of COs, music, tilesets and so (all is original) and you don't even need KS+ mod, but it's mine and I hope you'll enjoy it when it's done :oops: ;)
Finished levels:
(my first try)

“Oh heart, if one should say to you that the soul perishes like the body, answer that the flower withers, but the seed remains.” ~ Khalil Gibran

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
Re: [challenge/medium] Trapped With a Monster
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2021, 00:15:34 »
Sounds like a fun concept!

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2021, 00:18:15 »
"Save The High-Jump?", is that the one where the Toasts stole it? Anyway these screens look decent, a lot of variety. I think at this point it's OK to make a level with default graphics and simple game play because people are nostalgic about the early years of KS. You might still want to pop in some custom music though.

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2021, 21:35:57 »
Wow. I was just thinking about Save the high jump! and you reappear with news of a new level! Polana, ego, Cwolvie. All these people coming back to the forums again is pretty cool. 8)

This looks like it'll be a fun level. I agree with what ego said too. Nothing wrong with using default stuff because most levels nowadays use custom stuff so things aren't over-saturated with the default things anymore. Good luck!