[Exploration?][Easy][Small] Escape The Flood

• 8 Replies

Offline jdl

• View Profile
[Exploration?][Easy][Small] Escape The Flood
« on: May 06, 2012, 03:28:36 »
Hi guys, this is my first level! All you gotta do is find the 4 keys and turn off the water machine, it's a very simple level.

Let me know what you think, hopefully I'll make more levels!
Download.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 19:24:21 by jdl »

Offline ixMarcel

• I'll get you during my next save game!
    • View Profile
Re: [Environmental][Easy][Small] Escape The Flood
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 09:40:37 »
If it's your very first level, it is good, but you made a mistake like many others level authors - your level don't have pretty graphics  :oops:. Here's example how to beautify your levels (Extreme Level Makeover):

Offline jdl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 13:34:54 »
If it's your very first level, it is good, but you made a mistake like many others level authors - your level don't have pretty graphics  :oops:. Here's example how to beautify your levels (Extreme Level Makeover):

Ah I see, thank you for pointing that out. Back in 2009 I wasn't very good at designing things, and when I was fixing everything yesterday I never paid too much attention to the background (since I was just improving everything I had already made before).

I'll try to make any future levels of mine have more scenery-content.

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 14:58:57 »
I thought it was a very nice first level. Hopefully your next one won't take as long to make.

Offline jdl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 15:12:55 »
I thought it was a very nice first level. Hopefully your next one won't take as long to make.

Haha, I hope so. The reason this one took so long was because I just made it one day and then forgot all about it (and KS, for that matter) because I was into other games. I shift between games all the time. :^^:

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012, 17:48:13 »
The whole point of environmental levels is in beautiful gfx and atmosphere. Yet your level isn't pointless at all. I don't know what category it should belong to. I feel like there should to be a category called Exploration.
This is a little level that leaves a good feeling, doesn't have bugs (or none that I've spotted), that's a good start. Good luck with your future levels too ;)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 17:53:28 by GrayFace »

Offline jdl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2012, 19:28:25 »
The whole point of environmental levels is in beautiful gfx and atmosphere. Yet your level isn't pointless at all. I don't know what category it should belong to. I feel like there should to be a category called Exploration.
This is a little level that leaves a good feeling, doesn't have bugs (or none that I've spotted), that's a good start. Good luck with your future levels too ;)

I've fixed the tagging in the title, and thanks! C)p
As of right now I'm trying to make a tileset and then maybe make another level with it.

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
Re: [Exploration?][Easy][Small] Escape The Flood
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 22:05:01 »
Oddly enough, this was quite refreshing. Classic KS plot, classic KS layout. Maybe you'd be interested in playing Salmoneus' flood level -
http://knyttlevels.com/levels/Salmoneous%20-%20Flood%20Revisited.knytt.bin

I agree with ixMarcel, you've got to work on the visuals a bit more - maybe not as much as the "extreme level makeover" suggests, though  :D

Offline jdl

• View Profile
Re: [Exploration?][Easy][Small] Escape The Flood
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 22:40:48 »
Oddly enough, this was quite refreshing. Classic KS plot, classic KS layout. Maybe you'd be interested in playing Salmoneus' flood level -
http://knyttlevels.com/levels/Salmoneous%20-%20Flood%20Revisited.knytt.bin

I agree with ixMarcel, you've got to work on the visuals a bit more - maybe not as much as the "extreme level makeover" suggests, though  :D

I've actually played his/her level before, I really liked it! :D
And I have nearly completed my tileset while designing my new level "Cave Adventure".