[Environmental/Small/Easy] Mirror World

• 7 Replies

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
[Environmental/Small/Easy] Mirror World
« on: April 29, 2012, 23:11:44 »
A very small level in which Juni explores a castle. Made in a hurry in two days, for Healy's competition. Inspired by Fegon's castle levels, and Dennis Lockwood's brilliant series of woodcuts of castles and ruins. No goal, no endings, just warp yourself here and there, enjoy the scenery, etc. There's some custom music I made.

http://www.jashiin.com/miscellany/Yohji%20-%20Mirror%20World.knytt.bin

I couldn't fix the tilesets, so some of the tiles have invisible solid parts (surprise!). It's very irritating when you find those, but this probably won't be happening too frequently. Like I said, the level was made in a hurry, so please excuse any voids and/or SGEs.

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
Re: [Environmental/Small/Easy] Mirror World
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 00:03:36 »
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Couldn't find my way around that level :/
But it was actually feeling good until I started finding some broken stuff, found at least 2 voids (including the one in the spoiler) and 2 wallswims (not counting the wallswims caused by that void). Sorry for not specifying the screens, gotta get some sleep.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 00:25:22 by Raicuparta »

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 00:26:45 »
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

Yikes! Thanks, I've fixed that void. I guess maybe you could classify this as a maze level; I didn't because it doesn't have a start or an end; you can't "finish" it. It's just an environment to wander through. At one point I had a locked passage sketched, and a key to get (incidentally, at the same screen you've found a void at), but I didn't have the time to make all that. I've got work tomorrow (and its past 2AM here), and won't have time for knytting in the foreseeable future. Maybe I'll make a proper ending some other time, in an updated version...

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 03:09:07 »
This was pretty great! I didn't run into any problems myself, but I think I played the bug-fixed version. My ears perked up when you mentioned there might be an updated version, though. Endings are always nice to have, even (or especially) in the kinda abstract levels like this one.

At any rate, enjoy your :hiddenstar:.

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 09:24:53 »
Yikes! Thanks, I've fixed that void. I guess maybe you could classify this as a maze level; I didn't because it doesn't have a start or an end; you can't "finish" it. It's just an environment to wander through. At one point I had a locked passage sketched, and a key to get (incidentally, at the same screen you've found a void at), but I didn't have the time to make all that. I've got work tomorrow (and its past 2AM here), and won't have time for knytting in the foreseeable future. Maybe I'll make a proper ending some other time, in an updated version...
Oh, sorry about the confusion, when I read "no ending" in the main post, I thought you meant no ending cutscene, I'm still quite new to playing KS, didn't even know people did that.
I guess I saw everything then. Well, I liked the feel of the level, the music helped a lot, and that confusion you get at the beginning really sets the mood. Pretty great, considering it was made in 2 days!

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 21:18:20 »
This was pretty great! I didn't run into any problems myself, but I think I played the bug-fixed version. My ears perked up when you mentioned there might be an updated version, though. Endings are always nice to have, even (or especially) in the kinda abstract levels like this one.

At any rate, enjoy your :hiddenstar:.

Thank you!  :) I'm pretty sure I'll make an updated version, I just don't know when. There are a couple of areas I really felt like expanding.

Offline ortoslon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 16:47:14 »
please expand