[Misc/Small] Oh Man Go Time Gaiden: BUT WHO WAS DRUGS?

• 11 Replies

Offline Healy

• View Profile
[Misc/Small] Oh Man Go Time Gaiden: BUT WHO WAS DRUGS?
« on: January 18, 2012, 05:00:37 »
A side story to the beloved1 Oh Man Go Time series, OMGT Gaiden: But Who Was Drugs is the latest offering by the writer of the award-winning2 ending of the first game. The only game that dares to ask who was drugs3, this level will be the defining moment of a generation4, and will bring even the most jaded player to tears5. Expect to see this level making an appearance in the latest Glorious Trainwrecks pirate kart, too6.

Attached is one screenshot, and just the one, because while I would like to whet all of y'all's appetite, I don't want to ruin any surprises in the level itself, least of all who was drugs.

Notes
1. Beloved only by some
2. Ending did not actually win any awards, as far as I can tell
3. Actually "Only game that dares to ask who was drug", due to character limitations
4. Probably not true
5. Probably not true either
6. Actually this is pretty legit

Note: If this level isn't done by this time next week, call me an addled goose until I finish it.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
Re: [Misc/Small] Oh Man Go Time Gaiden: BUT WHO WAS DRUGS?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 09:14:53 »
I love you.

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 02:10:11 »
Thanks!

By the way, expect the phrase "who was drugs?" to be bit of a catchphrase of the level, much like "Who killed Amanda Palmer?" was on Twin Peaks. Or at least I think that's how it went. I never did watch Twin Peaks (although I have caught a few clips of the backwards talking midget on TV sometimes and I've read a couple things about Deadly Premonition which I'm told is similar) and I can't use Wikipedia to check re: SOPA protest.

Also, just now getting to the part where I reference the parts of the OMGTS where you have to go down a really long corridor or something. Expect me to put my own touches on this.

Offline LordMarzog

• [interesting text goes here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 08:54:11 »
Easy there Sergio XD (I think I heard his heart skip a few beats)

Anyways, I'll be looking forward to this level. It's predecessors left big (not to mention, random) shoes to fill. Can't wait to see the finished product  8)
Run the Gauntlet: Prologue | Run the Gauntlet: Part 1 I'll add more interesting stuff here when I have more interesting stuff to add. (duh)

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 13:54:40 »
Can I call you an addled goose anyway?

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 21:04:28 »
Can I call you an addled goose anyway?

If it makes you feel any better, then sure.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 14:46:32 »
Easy there Sergio XD (I think I heard his heart skip a few beats)

In retrospect, I came on ever so slightly too strong. My apologies.

P.S. You're one hell of an addled goose by now.

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 04:10:48 »
Oh, I know! I've got a killer of a Knytter's block on this project right now. So I'm taking old unfinished projects I have and finishing them up, in the hopes that it'll cure it. If nothing else, at least it's getting me to finish more Knytt Stories.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 14:14:45 »
Oh, I know! I've got a killer of a Knytter's block on this project right now. So I'm taking old unfinished projects I have and finishing them up, in the hopes that it'll cure it. If nothing else, at least it's getting me to finish more Knytt Stories.

If your Knytter's block means the revival of your abandoned levels, I consider it a good thing. After all, Wreck Christmas was pretty hilarious. It almost made me want to finish making my Christmas trainwreck concept from KotM #54...

Of course, if your inability to work on this level persists, I'd be happy for OMGTG:BWWD to transform from tribute to collaboration. As long as that's something you'd be OK with...

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 00:02:56 »
Actually, I am feeling pretty inspired right now. Who knows how long that will last, but I'm gonna try to ride this streak as long as I can!

Offline munchybot

• HUZZAH!
    • View Profile
    • my music on Bandcamp!
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2012, 08:04:10 »
ADDLED GOOSE!

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2012, 23:17:16 »
You're a bit late on that. Although I think I can finish the full game in about a week or so.