Do Not Pick Up The Key [challenge/hard/short - now with bonuses in KS+]

• 60 Replies

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
Re: Do Not Pick Up The Key [challenge/hard/short]
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2013, 21:03:14 »
But was it a good experience?

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2013, 22:18:41 »
Yes, now I know what happens if I don't pick up the key.   :a1:

Offline Sleem

• Ponies are cool..........
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2013, 23:48:16 »
Yes, I have successfully played through this level on my youtube channel. It was an experience of fun and technical difficulties. I've definately made better videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTnqfleHBo4
Watch in awe as I end every comment I've ever written and ever will write with the most epic signature in the universe!!!!!!!!!

poop

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2013, 19:37:30 »
Sleem, you need to turn up your monitor brightness!

(No one has ever read the good ending as entertainingly as you!)

Also, I'm glad I'm not as bad as you thought I am. I'll take it as a compliment, I guess.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 00:18:26 by Talps »

Offline Sleem

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2013, 00:44:43 »
Yes, I was mistaken in blaming you for a horror you were not responsible for, which caused me to denounce you a monster in a video which is only vaguely related to the one that was linked.

As for my brightness, I am limited to the maximal brightness of my external monitor, which as of now is not very impressive. It is an old monitor, after all. However, in about a week, I will have access to a much more competent (and considerably larger) external monitor, which should allow more flexibility in the brightness feature, assuming I have the patience to play around with it.
Watch in awe as I end every comment I've ever written and ever will write with the most epic signature in the universe!!!!!!!!!

poop

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2013, 03:15:09 »
Yes, I was mistaken in blaming you for a horror you were not responsible for, which caused me to denounce you a monster in a video which is only vaguely related to the one that was linked.

As for my brightness, I am limited to the maximal brightness of my external monitor, which as of now is not very impressive. It is an old monitor, after all. However, in about a week, I will have access to a much more competent (and considerably larger) external monitor, which should allow more flexibility in the brightness feature, assuming I have the patience to play around with it.

I do remember you mentioning that I was evil, but not as much as Talps in one of the Cosmic Meltdown videos.

I'm definitely more evil than Talps.   :nuts:
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything

Offline Sleem

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2013, 10:12:38 »
I do remember you mentioning that I was evil, but not as much as Talps in one of the Cosmic Meltdown videos.

I'm definitely more evil than Talps.   :nuts:

Fubaka! You're the very embodiment of evil! Obviously you're gonna be eviler than Talps. Probably not to the point of ebilness, but that just means you don't control armies of the undead, which I don't have any evidence for.

poop

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2013, 12:44:24 »
Heh, 'Upper Levels' was toned down from its original form. I'll give you a run for your money.

Offline Sleem

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2013, 15:26:00 »
Okay, I'll consider that a request. Oh my God, I'm so screwed.

poop

« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2013, 18:51:23 »
No

bug: going down from x1010y992 (I can get past the spiky thing using umbrella) leads to a void, followed by a non-void screen

It has been a year and I can't believe this wasn't fixed yet. I managed to get that on my first playthrough as well.

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2014, 00:48:32 »
For the first time, I am updating one of my levels! As well as the potentially apocalyptic bug present in this level, it also contained a number of things I felt could see some improvement. And it's a short level that wasn't going to be as huge a challenge to update as some of my other levels that would benefit from a going over.

Plus I animated the knyghts used in this level for Dragon Myth and I want to show that off - so if you play Do Not Pick Up The Key v2 with Egomassive's KS+ mod, you get to see them bobbing about.

So here it is! If you've played it before, hopefully it'll give you an excuse to play again. If not, then why not?! Is it because you don't like me?  :sad:

Download Do Not Pick Up The Key v2

The Comprehensive List of Changes I Remember Making:

If you find any more issues have arisen (particularly compatibility issues due to the half-KS+ weirdness - I was so sick of all the jokes by this point that I didn't check it too thoroughly after finalising that) please let me know so I can smooth them over.

Hope you enjoy!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 09:51:51 by Talps »

I replayed it - it was fun! Thanks for the update.

I had a random question, though:
At x1033y995, for Sign A, it says "RAWR!"
As far as I can tell, you didn't end up using that sign though.
If you don't mind, I'd be interested to hear what you were planning to do there.

Thanks again!

:)

Offline Talps

• View Profile
Thanks for replying! :)

Since Eurydice I've started a habit of putting a toast saying 'RAWR!' (or failing that, 'rawr!') in my levels. I  haven't done it on every single one, but a fair few. (I'd put the first one in Eurydice before Egomassive's A Knytt in Time came out, so I'm not copying him, though that's not stopped me from being paranoid that people will think I am - his toasts are rather more famous than mine.)

I couldn't remember there being one in this level so I was gonna put one in that screen for the re-release, but right after I did it I discovered I had put one in the first version (though you'd have to hunt around a little to find it, which is why I forgot about it). I deleted the toast I'd put in for version two but evidently forgot to delete the text.

If anyone could make a list of levels were I did put in a toast saying 'rawr' it'd interest me :P.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 16:15:16 by Talps »

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
I'll certainly give this level another go or 2. Your brief history of Rawr Toasts was fascinating. I have to admit I thought they were a nod to my Fact Toasts.

Offline Talps

• View Profile
So is it still paranoia if it turns out you were right?