Levels for Knytt Stories' Mods

• 22 Replies

Offline Widget

• View Profile
Levels for Knytt Stories' Mods
« on: January 05, 2012, 21:57:11 »
The best place to start, if you're new to KS modding, is GrayFace's Knytt Stories Mod List. It includes the numerous mods that aren't required for any specific levels (aswell as the third-party level editors) and accompanies each entry with a brief description.

If you have any comments or questions concerning a level without a forum thread, feel free to post it here. I'm happy to help wherever I'm able, as (I'm sure) are many other forum members.

Available KSA Levels:
Spoiler: 13 Levels (click to show/hide)

Available ACO Levels:
Spoiler: 1 Level (click to show/hide)

Available KS+ Levels:
Spoiler: 75 Levels (click to show/hide)

Available KSEx Levels:
Spoiler: 12 Levels (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Formatting Key (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 02:09:38 by Widget »

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Levels designed for KS Mods
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 22:05:33 »
GrayFace has at least 3 or 4 levels featuring the ball mod with KSEx. They're all on the forum. Search for topics started by him in the level releases forum as text: type download.

Alternatively, search for tft32 or (KS ex!) in the level releases forum.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 22:08:24 by LPChip »
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 11:22:09 »
I've uploaded the Pipe Dream to knyttlevels: http://knyttlevels.com/levels/Emeraldfire7%20-%20Pipe%20Dream.knytt.bin
But then I checked the topic and saw the link in the first post works too.
http://knyttlevels.com/levels/Gliblord%20-%20Electrolyte.knytt.bin is already uploaded to knyttlevels by someone.
There's a level for egomassive's mod, but without a topic on the forum.
Advanced Custom Objects mod has a nice demo level included.

Thanks for the list, I also did a similar search this autumn, but haven't found some of the KSA levels.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 11:25:32 by GrayFace »

Offline Widget

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 12:52:32 »
Thankyou very much for your help, I've updated the list with those and cleaned it up a little... well, standardised it anyway; clean is open to debate. The only thing I haven't been able to get the information for is ACO as my AV software thinks the download site's been compromised and I can't figure out how to overrule it  :/

I've uploaded the Pipe Dream to knyttlevels: http://knyttlevels.com/levels/Emeraldfire7%20-%20Pipe%20Dream.knytt.bin
But then I checked the topic and saw the link in the first post works too.

Oh, I'm so sorry. I checked the link in the first post but then couldn't figure out how to download it... obviously I was just having a blonde moment  :oops:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 05:51:19 by Widget »

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 13:46:14 »
Wow, Squareman's Adventure is great! I've done the normal ending so far. The proper difficulty would be Very Hard.

Offline toenail

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 17:16:46 »
Hi,

I created a level for Knytt Ego if you want to check it out.
http://nifflas.lpchip.nl/index.php?topic=5273.0

Offline Widget

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 14:43:31 »
I'm sorry for the massive delay in adding your level to the list. I moved house a couple of months ago and still don't have my internet sorted  :(

Offline toenail

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2012, 16:49:56 »
I'm sorry for the massive delay in adding your level to the list. I moved house a couple of months ago and still don't have my internet sorted  :(

No problem,  I understand exactly what you are going through as I am in the exact same situation.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2012, 07:58:11 »
Thanks for maintaining this list Widget. *gives star*

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 06:28:19 »
I new level by Firecat uses KS+ features, but is fully playable in KS1.2.1.
Tiny World by Firecat 198 KB

Offline Widget

• View Profile
Re: Levels designed for KS Mods [Updated 15\03\13]
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 04:35:14 »
[28\03\13]: Would anyone find it useful or interesting to have a separate, "spoilered-out" section for unreleased levels in active development? It's something I've been considering for a while now but it would be significantly trickier to keep up to date, by removing mothballed or abandoned projects, than continuing to deal only with levels that have a release. I'll be happy to do it if there's any demand but there's little point in adding a feature noone wants.

[23\01\13]: List has been stickied (thankyou, LPChip!) so hopefully we'll get some more "footfall" from new(er) players. I'm still really keen to take feedback on any aspect of the list from anyone who has an opinion; anything you think of, just add a reply or send me a PM.
This also goes for any levels that I've missed, or that I've been slow to add. This is an inclusive, non-judgemental compilation; the only prerequisite is that the level makes use of one or more features of a mod.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 10:43:45 by Widget »

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2013, 07:45:11 »
In answer to your question: There are too many levels announced that never see a release. Although this thread may direct some helpful encouragement to designers working on levels, keeping the information up to date will be a daunting task. How does one even determine when a preview level has died? Your willingness is admirable, but I'm sure there are more constructive uses for your time.

Congrats on having a super important stickied thread! :)

Offline Widget

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 09:31:54 »
Thankyou very much for your input, egomassive. Finding the levels wouldn't be hard (I already read all the preview threads anyway) but you're right about the maintenance opening up a whole can of worms; the only possible solution would be to define an arbitrary cut-off point at 'x' months since the last activity by the OP, and I doubt I could choose any one time limit that would suit everyone's rate of work and/or posting.

I suspect I'm really just looking for an excuse to add more features to the thread, if I'm honest. I feel like I don't spend enough time on it to warrant being, effectively, the self-appointed mod librarian. :P

Thankyou for the congratulations aswell, by the way, though the adhesive properties of the thread don't necessarily have anything to do with it's importance. I just asked LPChip in the hope it would make this easier for new forum members to find.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 20:27:26 by Widget »

Offline BloxMaster

• Master of the Bloxes!
    • View Profile
Re: Levels for Knytt Stories' Mods
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2013, 23:35:01 »
Excellent list, Widget. Have a star for your efforts! By the way, I didn't know there were so many levels for KSA..
In fact, the only one I was actively involved with whatsoever was EarthBound015's Doden Vantar: Chapter One: A Harsh Winter's Night.

It's great to have these levels listed all in one place. ;)

Offline Widget

• View Profile
Re: Levels for Knytt Stories' Mods
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2013, 01:43:26 »
Thankyou very much. I was surprised by the number of levels myself, once it all came together ;)

I had trouble finding these levels for my own collection, so the list is mostly just a compilation of the downloads others helped find for me and started as a sort of thankyou for that help.