The Dying Core [challenge/hard/medium]

• 32 Replies

Offline Ultigonio

• I'm sleepy!
    • View Profile
Re: The Dying Core [challenge/hard/medium]
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2013, 07:54:04 »
I saw this thread relatively high on the list, so I thought I'd take a look at it.  I'm pretty surprised that some people felt so positively about the music (and yeah, I realize I'm over a year late on those comments, but still!).  I mean, I made these songs... nearly two years ago.  Honestly, I'm very tempted to revisit at least a few of them and remix them with instruments because I really liked some of the melodies, but really, some of the composition in these pieces was awkward and a little strange, mainly because I was trying something both new to me and, well, kind of bizarre in general.  Still, I'm pleased that people either didn't mind it too much or really liked it.  Really, though, if I was asked now for the same thing, I'd probably create something of a much higher caliber.  I will admit, though, in retrospect I'm somewhat impressed with myself for managing to get through creating 4-6-minute pieces....

Edit: Whoa, I just decided to watch ortolson's playthrough of the level, and I found myself in awe for nearly the entire video.  There's something strange and dumbfounding about seeing somebody else play something that you had a part in creating (though my job was not nearly as big as Ego's).  Good job, by the way (again, I know I'm over a year late)!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 08:46:59 by Ultigonio »
Indefinitely Held Off:
Pouring
Complete:
This Level Plays Itself!

My SoundCloud

Offline Sleem

• Ponies are cool..........
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2013, 19:31:11 »
I'd like to announce that I have uploaded a Let's Play of this level, where I constantly screw up, curse a lot, and praise the level. It would be a shame if you didn't know this fact, so there you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc6TpyCfLoU&list=PLFevUHZMxhUKZtrf3jwFHc193YIuIFZhR&index=1
Watch in awe as I end every comment I've ever written and ever will write with the most epic signature in the universe!!!!!!!!!

poop

Offline bulbapuck

• One day hoping to become Venopuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2013, 22:50:37 »
Played this level today for the first time, and it was amazing. I espesially liked the third (red) section, even though I felt it was the most challenging (and as a member LoCP it usually is the other way around :p ). A very well designed level indeed :)

@Ultigonio: I really liked the music in this to be honest, it had a very special vibe to it that I personally felt gave the level another dimension. While I completely understand looking at your prior work and seeing how it could improve, I really don't think it's necessary to remake this :)
Emma fell down a well - Enviromental KS level inspired by Salmoneous/Elder
Level in the works: Whitebow Island