Sixteen Short and/or Terrible Knytt Stories

• 24 Replies

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
Re: Twelve Short and/or Terrible Knytt Stories [UPDATED]
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2012, 14:32:06 »
Man, I wish Gaiden was larger, even if by a few screens only.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2012, 16:10:56 »
Thanks for the feedback! Heh, maybe I'll make Oh Man Go Time Gaiden Gaiden Gaiden to build on the ideas you liked.

Offline ixMarcel

• I'll get you during my next save game!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2012, 16:38:01 »
Hey! There's tutorial how to do Super Secret Knytt Stories Cheat, That Know Only A Few People(All rights reserved) in OMGT: Gaiden: Gaiden :ohnoes:!

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
Re: Thirteen Short and/or Terrible Knytt Stories
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2012, 20:43:04 »
I just added one more level to this thread: Juni Jones: Ace Attorney, my entry for PeppyHare4000's Bad Level Competition.

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2012, 22:50:31 »
I just added one more level to this thread: Juni Jones: Ace Attorney, my entry for PeppyHare4000's Bad Level Competition.
so beautiful...

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2012, 03:28:57 »
Thanks Healy! Your assumption is correct, and I'm glad you discovered that part of the level.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
Re: Sixteen Short and/or Terrible Knytt Stories
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2017, 05:47:15 »
After over five years, I have updated this thread with three "new" levels.

Cycle is a tiny tutorial level from 2014 that will probably come off as patronising to anyone here who plays it.

omgt4 is an extremely brief horror-ish experience from 2013.

omgt5: fever dream is a rather odd glitch/puzzle level that I made while sick last month.

A major motivation behind this update was that Photobucket (which I used to host virtually every image I posted on these forums for a while) has disabled image hotlinking and broken all of my level release threads here. But they're all fixed now, and I'm exhausted.

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• Sorry excuse for a game designer
    • View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2017, 18:51:38 »
I gave the "new" ones a go. Cycle was lovely and I liked the "spiral" design of the level a lot. I'd love to see a longer level using this kind of layout over multiple screens. I also found omgt4 and omgt5 strangely enjoyable, but it's hard for me to explain why. The fact that I haven't had any sleep for a day and half might have something to do with this, especially for the latter.
Some KS levels by me:

Offline Wibi

• apologies for the interference
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2022, 08:01:58 »
After, and during, replaying Juni Jones: Ace Attorney I had at least three thoughts.
0. I find the presence of a detector in the Gauntlet of Tedium and no green detector glow anywhere in the level quite amusing.
1. I remembered that you could visit certain tiles in the Retro World to unlock secret signs in the Rural World. But I did not remember which tiles, and I did not remember it was mainly one-tile nooks. This presented an interesting situation where my goal was effectively to touch every tile in the Retro World (something what actually I put an amount of effort into but was ultimately too lazy to do), when - the part I find interesting - the game itself did not track nearly as much information, and simply only tracked whether I had touched the specific tiles that trigger the Rural World secrets.
2. During the Real World break I began to read a book with the lights off going by ambient light out of the window (approximately 1:40 AM). This hurt my eyes a bit (which were already hurting due to wisdom teeth removal), so I stopped. Then it occurred to me I had, by going from playing a video game to reading in the dark, exchanged one eye-straining activity for another.
3. The Really Bad Ending is the true, final ending, as it requires the most gameplay to attain. It represents the inevitability of death.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2022, 08:06:58 by canteven / ncrecc »

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2022, 04:50:05 »
Thank you for your thoughts. Most of Juni Jones: Ace Attorney's design decisions border on indefensible, which seems thematically apt, at least.