Sixteen Short and/or Terrible Knytt Stories

• 24 Replies

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
Sixteen Short and/or Terrible Knytt Stories
« on: December 21, 2011, 08:59:49 »
Healy's Tiny Games Trilogy thread inspired me to release this collection of levels made for time-limited events both here and over at Glorious Trainwrecks. Playing levels lower down on the list is not recommended.

UPDATED 2017-08-10: Added Cycle, omgt4 and omgt5: fever dream (and fixed broken Photobucket hotlinks)
UPDATED 2012-07-17: Added Juni Jones: Ace Attorney
UPDATED 2012-05-01: Added Snowflake, Oh Man Go Time Gaiden: Gaiden and OH MAN GO TIIIM3
UPDATED 2012-03-14: Added Keys to the Asian Market

« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 05:39:58 by sergiocornaga »

Offline LordMarzog

• [interesting text goes here]
    • View Profile
Re: Eight Short and/or Terrible Knytt Stories
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 09:07:34 »
Well now. Methinks I'll try some of these when I get the chance. But uh I think I'll take your advice and skip some of the lower ones... Quest for a phallic flora just sounds oh so wrong  O_o
And then the screen shot of Juni standing on a syringe  :sick:
But hey, ya never know. One man's junk is another's...something  X)
Run the Gauntlet: Prologue | Run the Gauntlet: Part 1 I'll add more interesting stuff here when I have more interesting stuff to add. (duh)

Offline LordMarzog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 05:27:41 »
Played first 3 of these. Played em all. Wow...I'll never get that 20 mins back of my life  :nuts: Shoud've listened and not done the last few  :sigh:

Main thing, OMGT2 is broken. I looked in the editor and the question mark tile is one pixel above the shift. So, it's impossible to trigger thee shift the proper way.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
But hey, for having only 2 hours, I am very impressed. I wouldn't have more than 3 screens  C)p

I liked the music though. Remix of "Requiem for a Dream" isn't it?

« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 06:01:22 by LordMarzog »
Run the Gauntlet: Prologue | Run the Gauntlet: Part 1 I'll add more interesting stuff here when I have more interesting stuff to add. (duh)

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 09:22:44 »
Main thing, OMGT2 is broken. I looked in the editor and the question mark tile is one pixel above the shift. So, it's impossible to trigger thee shift the proper way.

While I'm not disputing that OMGT2 is broken (how did I forget to put in a screen for climbing up the arm before using the question mark block?) the issue you've identified doesn't happen to me. Are you bopping the block with your head like Mario? The only bug I've experienced is that I wallswim into the block after shifting about half the time.

I liked the music though. Remix of "Requiem for a Dream" isn't it?

Yes indeed!

Offline LordMarzog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 23:51:56 »

While I'm not disputing that OMGT2 is broken (how did I forget to put in a screen for climbing up the arm before using the question mark block?) the issue you've identified doesn't happen to me. Are you bopping the block with your head like Mario? The only bug I've experienced is that I wallswim into the block after shifting about half the time.

I liked the.   music though. Remix of "Requiem for a Dream" isn't it?
Yes indeed!
I knew that block looked familiar! I can't believe I missed that. Wow. It was so obvious I didn't see it. The syringe animation was brilliant by the way. Albeit, a tad gross but still cool lol

Offline RichardJ

• View Profile
    • My Flickr photostream
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 16:56:57 »
So far I've only played 'parkour' and 'columns'. I love it when people use photographic tilesets and backgrounds, so mostly I just stood around in 'columns'. I also really like your sparse, minimal tileset in 'parkour'. Maybe I'll get to some more of these later! Or maybe I'll take your advice and not do that. :P

Offline Firecat

• Every bit is important.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 03:01:15 »
I have just found out that Knytt without a cause is a reference to one of your "Games"...

There's 110011 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, Those who don't, and those who confuse it with ASCII.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
Re: Nine Short and/or Terrible Knytt Stories [UPDATED]
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 15:15:02 »
I added one more.

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 16:03:20 »
This was such a waste of time.

I love it.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 16:07:08 »
Hooray!

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
Re: Twelve Short and/or Terrible Knytt Stories [UPDATED]
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 21:17:34 »
I have risen to Healy's challenge, adding three more levels to this thread.

Snowflake is an exercise in pressing D at the right time and features a slightly smutty introductory scene.

Oh Man Go Time Gaiden: Gaiden is a fangame of Healy's unreleased fangame that forces you to glitch and cheat to win.

OH MAN GO TIIIM3 is a weird and depressing tech demo that expands on the themes of previous entries in the series.

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2012, 03:42:38 »
Hey, I remember Snowflake! You posted about it on Glorious Trainwrecks about a year ago. Anyway, I liked it a lot, but it was really easy, once you got the timing down. I wouldn't normally talk about a level being too easy, but I wasn't sure if that was intentional. Also the level was so short, it cut off the song right as it was getting good. I think I spent at least a minute opening and closing the umbrella so I could hear the whole song.

OMGT3 was great, but I'm not sure if I "got" it. Something to do with the dangers of drugs? Anyway, I really enjoyed that as well. One question:
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2012, 15:07:21 »
Your comments about Snowflake reflect why I didn't initially finish or release it. It's pretty, but it's short and has no gameplay, which is something I was never able to resolve. If you're interested, you can find the song here, or just listen to the one in the Ambiance folder if you don't mind hearing something that'd been double-transcoded.

The theme of drugs in the OMGT series persists solely because of your two-year old throwaway remark on IRC. I don't feel qualified to make any serious statements about drugs! As for your other remarks:

Spoiler: Big OMGT3 Spoilers (click to show/hide)

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2012, 23:19:13 »
Spoiler: Re: OMGT3 Spoilers (click to show/hide)

Re: Snowflake: Yeah, there's not a whole lot of umbrella challenges you could do with the way you set the level up. I still really like it, though: it's kind of like one of those laserdisc games when you think about it.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2012, 11:05:20 »
The unreachable areas are just for fun, I like including them occasionally because of the open-source nature of Knytt Stories levels.