[KS+1.3.2][Hard][Large][Challenge/Misc] The Cursed Gallery

• 11 Replies

Offline Wibi

• apologies for the interference
    • View Profile

Download v1.06 here!
(banner by Vegetal Gibber)

The Cursed Gallery is a seven-way collaborative level started at Glorious Trainwrecks with a multitude of styles and genres represented in it. It has a Mega Man-esque area system, in which an initial seven areas must be completed in any order to gain access to a final area.

Features work from the following authors:
atuun (GT)
HiHiDanni (GT)
ncrecc (GT) (Nifforum)
SavourySnack (GT) (Nifforum)
Sergio Cornaga (GT) (Nifforum)
Vegetal Gibber (GT) (Nifforum)
xZilas (GT) (Nifforum)

Spoiler: Changelog (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gaze upon the Gallery (click to show/hide)

This project was started by and is under ownership of Sergio Cornaga. All cutscenes were made by Vegetal Gibber.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 17:53:46 by canteven »

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• Sorry excuse for a game designer
    • View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
Re: [Hard][Large][Challenge/Misc] The Cursed Gallery
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 18:18:55 »
As one of the numerous contributors to this level, I can vouch for the quality of the final product. Congrats to all those involved!

Hope you guys enjoy this adventure through many different realms :D  Try to avoid becoming an art snob in the process, though!

Also, make sure you're running the latest version available of Knytt Stories + (1.3.2 as of now) before playing this level. Playing in previous versions may produce unexpected results (especially when entering/leaving an area).
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 18:25:30 by Vegetal Gibber »
Some KS levels by me:

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 10:06:41 »
I'd also like to everyone involved! Obviously the level wouldn't exist without everyone's contributions.

I hope people who didn't work on this level have fun with it too, and maybe even reach the end. It's quite an undertaking.

Offline zhynna

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 19:44:33 »
Thanks to all creators. Good level.

Offline Wibi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 22:14:53 »
Just posting to say this has been updated a few times since the initial release, so anyone playing this might want to download the newest version and overwrite their existing copy. Save files won't be affected.

Offline SC

• Ha-ha-ha! Videogames! *laugh track*
    • View Profile
    • My personal website!
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2018, 08:16:13 »
Haven't finished yet, but this is a fantastic collaboration from everyone involved. Kinda makes me wish I actually made a level for it, oops...

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
Re: [KS+1.3.2][Hard][Large][Challenge/Misc] The Cursed Gallery
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2018, 09:15:32 »
This was a fantastic level. I know I didn't find everything so I'll have to go back to it. Great job to everyone involved!

Offline Wibi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2018, 17:56:52 »
Just updated with 1.06, which should fix a pretty major bug. Anyone who found themselves in the gallery hub with a double-jump and hologram device should probably update (and get rid of those powerups!). Not sure if Fubaka will take this update into account.

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2022, 12:22:29 »
Looks like I've never commented that this level is awesome. Replayed it today/yesterday. One bug I've encountered is that at x1045y1006 if you press the lever in the nearby screen and save, you can't depress it to go back and collect the artifacts you may have missed.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 12:38:37 by GrayFace »

Offline Wibi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2022, 05:19:25 »
Looks like I've never commented that this level is awesome. Replayed it today/yesterday. One bug I've encountered is that at x1045y1006 if you press the lever in the nearby screen and save, you can't depress it to go back and collect the artifacts you may have missed.
That part was by Sergio. I think it's part aesthetic and part technical limitation. It wouldn't be easy to make the switch freely toggleable (instead of only switchable once) without using a Shift to a new screen instead of a Trigger and thus messing up the waves and whatnot in the screen.

Also, thanks for playing! Did you find all of the artifacts (after replaying that area)?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 05:21:50 by canteven / ncrecc »

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2022, 06:10:09 »
Also, thanks for playing! Did you find all of the artifacts (after replaying that area)?
YW. Yes, after cheating out of that situation.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2022, 04:40:21 »

While it's hard to justify looking back now, this was indeed an intentional decision. I think I felt it was so close to the end of the level that anyone hunting for artifacts might be better off replaying from the beginning, and that walling off the rest of the level would stop players from wandering in the wrong direction or needlessly checking whether the lever had affected anything else. I condone your cheating, though.