There's probably a 50/50 chance that this advice will solve your problem!

• 8 Replies

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
The PDA features a "Device Solver" program. This feature is often overlooked!

Offline SiamJai

• View Profile
    • A gaming blog like no other.
Heh, overlooked for sure. I went through the game twice without knowing what it does. X) So it's definitely good that the feature is highlighted in its own topic.

Quote from: frustrated player
But I don't need hints, I need straight ANSWERS! I'm STUCK! Help me NOW!!!

Hopeless will be hopeless... C)p

Offline Gorfinhofin

• Totally Sane Storyteller
  • Bugbears are cool.
    • View Profile
    • My World Famous Grilled Let's Plays
I didn't realise it did anything until I got to Goldschmidt. Luckily, I wasn't desperate for help until that point.

When something smells, it's usually my monitor.

I didn't realise it did anything until I got to Goldschmidt.
Same here.. well, except until I read after I finished the game..
Lurk more.

Problem is, it's not all that helpful, especially compared to Purple Pineapple's guide.

Problem is, it's not all that helpful, especially compared to Purple Pineapple's guide.
Aww, thank you. C) But I don't think the device solver is actually supposed to solve the devices. I've never used it, but I think it's only supposed to give you hints.
Lurk more.

They're pretty rubbish hints, though. "This is a beta and may not work properly," indeed.

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
It depends though. At some planets it will actually type out half the solution which should make the other half easy to figure out, and often it gives away the purpose of a device so you know what to keep an eye out for.

I'll agree with you there. It can be darn useful sometimes. But those occasions are rare.