Night Sky HD included in Humble Indie Bundle 4!

• 6 Replies

Offline Feline Monstrosity

• Pussy cat, pussy cat..
    • View Profile
Night Sky HD included in Humble Indie Bundle 4!
« on: December 13, 2011, 23:29:05 »
Website

Trailer

Humble Indie Bundle 4 just went live and it looks like Night Sky HD is included in the mix! Congrats Nifflas, it's about time you were included in one of these bundles, and it looks like one of the best yet!
"In the world there is nothing more submissive and weak than water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong nothing can surpass it. "  ~Lao Tzu

Offline rrc2soft

• View Profile
Re: Night Sky HD included in Humble Indie Bundle 4!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 03:43:26 »
Bought the bundle  8) ... OK, I am targeting Super Meat Boy, but giving a bit of money to nifflas is always a plus  8D

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
    • Twitter @Raicuparta
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 12:29:06 »
cave story+? How many cave stories are there?
Officially there is the original free Cave Story, Cave Story for the Wii with remastered graphics and music, Cave Story+ for the PC and Mac (maybe Linux) which is basically the same as the Wii version, then there is Cave Story 3D for the 3DS which is very different from all the others, at least in visual style. Then there are the fan made versions for other platforms like PSP and NDS. I loved Cave Story but I have to say I'm a bit dissapointed in Nicalis, feels like all they did was pick up an excellent game that was free and make it not free. The new music, I can't even understand what the point was in changing it. If they had made like an instrumental version or something, that would be comprehensible, but no, they just made sligthly different versions, and not a single one of them is even close to the perfection that is in the original Cave Story soundtrack.
This is why I didn't pay above the average to get Cave Story. But I did it in a previous bundle with Aquaria, nice game :)

• Pussy cat, pussy cat..
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 15:08:50 »
cave story+? How many cave stories are there?
Officially there is the original free Cave Story, Cave Story for the Wii with remastered graphics and music, Cave Story+ for the PC and Mac (maybe Linux) which is basically the same as the Wii version, then there is Cave Story 3D for the 3DS which is very different from all the others, at least in visual style. Then there are the fan made versions for other platforms like PSP and NDS. I loved Cave Story but I have to say I'm a bit dissapointed in Nicalis, feels like all they did was pick up an excellent game that was free and make it not free. The new music, I can't even understand what the point was in changing it. If they had made like an instrumental version or something, that would be comprehensible, but no, they just made sligthly different versions, and not a single one of them is even close to the perfection that is in the original Cave Story soundtrack.
This is why I didn't pay above the average to get Cave Story. But I did it in a previous bundle with Aquaria, nice game :)

That is not a very good reason for paying below average. You're still getting 5 great games so I think they're worth a little more than ~$5.50 (plus Gratuitous Space Battles is a good game).
"In the world there is nothing more submissive and weak than water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong nothing can surpass it. "  ~Lao Tzu

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
    • Twitter @Raicuparta
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 15:25:34 »
That is not a very good reason for paying below average. You're still getting 5 great games so I think they're worth a little more than ~$5.50 (plus Gratuitous Space Battles is a good game).
I actually changed my mind and payed above average afterwards :P

• Pussy cat, pussy cat..
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 18:19:56 »
I actually changed my mind and payed above average afterwards :P

That's nice to know. :)