[Easy] [Environmental] Rain V2

• 5 Replies

Offline Onematty

• View Profile
[Easy] [Environmental] Rain V2
« on: April 04, 2009, 23:59:37 »
Ok, I've spent three days on this level. I've put more effort into this then any of my other levels. My V1 was pretty crap, but I've made this more apealing to the eye and ears. I've also added about 2 hidden easter eggs I'd like yo uto try to find. I'd really like your opinion and ways I could improve this. I will make a sequel to this eventualy... Anyway, like all my other levels, it's short. But it isn't just 5 screens of crap like my other ones. No, this time there maybe 3 crap screens TOPS. Oh man, I've just become a self-parody now, haven't I? Ok, heres the level:
http://www.knyttlevels.com/levels/Matt%20-%20Rainv2.knytt.bin

New Features:
More visuals, as thats basicaly the only thing that was going for it to begin with.
More animals on various screens.
Did away with the WTF Room glitch. It's still there, but its inaccesable unless you use a level editor. Don't ask me why I left it in, because I don't know...
Did away with you having unneeded power ups(I jsut think the holo-thing is cool, ok? So what if theres no enemies to use it on... :/ )
Made the final screen beautiful, and a really nice contrast to the first screens, which are cold and metalic...

Ok. And remember, if you do end up downloading this and playing it, PLEASE give me your opinion. I've worked hard on this, and feel free to tell me ways I can improve. Thank you.

Offline Knytt

• View Profile
Re: [Easy] [Environmental] Rain V2
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 01:41:53 »
Many bugs, but it's better than the first ;)
And you inspired me with my "yellow submarine" so i look up for your future work
BTW needs a savepoint somewhere :P
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 01:44:38 by Knytt »

Offline Onematty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 02:57:34 »
Many bugs, but it's better than the first ;)
And you inspired me with my "yellow submarine" so i look up for your future work
BTW needs a savepoint somewhere :P
Thank you, but why does it need a save point? There's only one area, maybe two, that you could possably die and even if you fall, it takes amybe 3 seconds to get back up. I'm probably not going to work on this particular level anymore, but I am currently working on a level that is longer then all my previous levels I call "Shift". I even went to the effort of making icons and info pics for it.

Btw, did yo ufind any of the secrets? Oh, and, of course, what bugs? I thought I got rid of them all with this version...

Offline Knytt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 03:23:59 »
Well when you're at 999 x 999 just jump left with umberella and you'll get outside the map falling endlessly :P
And at 999 x 1000 if you're a skilled jumper you can get over that roof and be wall swiming inside it  <3
At 1001 x 999 you can jump on that noclimed wall at 1001 x 1000 = wall swim
From 999 x 999 to 999 x 998 it looks very weird and i think somehow you can jump and wallswim :)

Secrets... well yes i found the cat on that island, and that room :P

BTW: if you wan't me to i could be your personal beta tester, just send the map when you think it's done ill go throught it looking for bugs, tell you the bugs so you can fix it and then you'll release it ;)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 03:29:23 by Knytt »

Offline Onematty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 03:44:16 »
Well when you're at 999 x 999 just jump left with umberella and you'll get outside the map falling endlessly :P
And at 999 x 1000 if you're a skilled jumper you can get over that roof and be wall swiming inside it  <3
At 1001 x 999 you can jump on that noclimed wall at 1001 x 1000 = wall swim
From 999 x 999 to 999 x 998 it looks very weird and i think somehow you can jump and wallswim :)

Secrets... well yes i found the cat on that island, and that room :P

BTW: if you wan't me to i could be your personal beta tester, just send the map when you think it's done ill go throught it looking for bugs, tell you the bugs so you can fix it and then you'll release it ;)
Ok, thank you. I'd fix that all, but I don't plan o nreleasing a V3 of this map. I'm just going to have to consider those glitches when I make the sequel. And I ahve been looknig for a beta tester to test my Shift map...So, do I upload the map to the archive and lbel it as a beta and send you the link, or upload it somewhere else?

Oh, and btw, at 999 998, you can't wallswim to my knowledge. I purposely made invisible blocks there so you COULDN'T wall swim.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 03:48:14 by Onematty »

Offline Knytt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 04:06:22 »
Well you could upload it solidfiles.com (it's the best uploading site i've yet to see, oh yeah register if you wan't to manage your files)