Fonts are blurry/not rendering correctly [solved]

• 20 Replies

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
Re: Fonts are blurry/not rendering correctly [solved]
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2011, 18:50:26 »
Sweet \o/ Now we finally know how to fix that!

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2011, 19:21:45 »
Ah. You do not have actually go from high performance to high quality. High performance is a preset for setting everything to low, while high quality is a preset to set everything to high. I feel this has something to do with antistrophic filtering. Nifflas, you might be able to tell us what kind of rendering techniques are used for rendering text?
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2011, 20:15:40 »
I can't, Clickteam knows though. I can forward the info to them.

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2011, 16:37:46 »
Nah. thats not necessary. Its just a matter of finding out if its antistrophic filtering (which I assume is the case) and change that.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Cryo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2011, 23:46:46 »
Ah. You do not have actually go from high performance to high quality. High performance is a preset for setting everything to low, while high quality is a preset to set everything to high. I feel this has something to do with antistrophic filtering. Nifflas, you might be able to tell us what kind of rendering techniques are used for rendering text?
He's actually referring to a different setting than what you're thinking of, although that may affect this setting as well.  You seem to be thinking of the general performance slider that effects a number of different settings at once, like AA, AF, etc.  There's a separate setting for texture quality as well though.  I use ATI Tray Tools, where it's called 'Texture Preference'.  From what I understand, this setting has practically no performance impact on modern graphics hardware, so it's best to leave it set to high quality anyway.

I've heard of the setting causing blurry text on some hardware in other games as well, including some commercial titles, though in that case the graphics drivers may get updated to fix that.  People have said elsewhere that setting this 'Texture Preference'  setting, along with 'MipMap Detail Level' to high quality fixes the problem, though it's possible that only one of them causes it.

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2011, 09:35:11 »
Ah! Good to know. :) Thanks for the info.

MODPlug Central Forum