[solved] Problem Starting KS Level Editor.

• 3 Replies

Offline obdes

• View Profile
[solved] Problem Starting KS Level Editor.
« on: November 29, 2011, 11:37:25 »
Hello.

I think I have by now read all the articles concerning errors in starting up KS Manager and Editor and have tried all suggestions for solving the different problems. But I could not find an explanation of or a solution for my problem.

Anytime I click the Level Editor icon the
program does not start up but does
play a "blip"-sound and nothing else happens.

I already checked all the files in KS's folder and they are in the right places. The path is not too long either (D:/ Knytt Stories).

Has anybody else ever encountered this error?
Thanks for any answers.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 14:41:40 by obdes »

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
Re: Problem Starting KS Level Editor.
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 09:22:10 »
The only things I can think of are: an antivirus/spyware is blocking the program for some reason (try again while disabling it if that's the case); the editor you downloaded got corrupted (try redownloading KS).

If you can't solve the problem, and if you have Java installed, you could always try my KS Java Editor instead :^^:
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 11:34:17 »
The blip sound, does indeed sound like a program firewall asking permission to launch the program, or worse, saying that the program has been blocked. See if you can spot a message or flashing icon in the system tray area at the time you hear the blip sound.

If you find a program firewall, it might be that its blocking stdrt.exe (the internal name of the game, due to multi media fusuin being used). If you find an entry like that with name: blocked, unblock it, and try again. You can add D:\Knytt Stories to the whitelist too with most program firewalls.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline obdes

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 14:39:05 »
Thanks a lot to both of you.

It really was a Firewall blocking the program (although it never notified me except for the sound).
Nevertheless I will try the Java Editor. Thanks again.