Status of Film?

• 9 Replies

Offline Mr Fish

• |#R. FIsH > ?"
    • View Profile
Status of Film?
« on: November 05, 2011, 18:16:08 »
Do you know how far have the producers got with the documentary, have you/they been in touch?
This is purely because i'm impatient and am really looking forward to playing it  C)p

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
Re: Status of Film?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 19:04:46 »
Well, the film itself is doing fine, the filmmakers Oskar & Oskarsson are amazing. However, the main funder for the documentary decided to hold back on the release of the documentary a bit, but of course it'll get out. I don't want to say when the film will be out without permission from the filmmakers. I can actually decide on my own when I want to release the game, but I know a game has the most players just during a few weeks after the release, and to maximize the effect the game will have for the documentary I've decided to hold back on the game release until the documentary is out. I really like the filmmakers and the documentary, so I want to do what's best for them.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 19:27:17 »
Good decision Nifflas. I entirely agree with you. I would've delayed releasing the game too for the exact same reason. The impact is much bigger if you play it after seeing the documentary.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 20:20:56 »
Well, I actually meant for the documentary film itself. The game will market the film, which is why I was commisioned to do the game. So, to maximize the effect the game will have to get people to check out the documentary, I'll wait with the release.

Of course, some smaller details in the game will make more sense if you also watch the film. Some characters exist in both :)

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 22:16:02 »
Ah, true.

I probably would want to watch the documentary before playing the game though (even saying that as a betatester which I don't regret :))
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 06:11:09 »

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 06:55:07 »
Nice find! I've known for a while that's when it'll get out, but I'm the wrong person to announce it. Nice to see it's official.

Just got to check with the filmmakers and everybody else involved so we're on the same page, then I can announce a release date for the game. Obviously it's very soon. Mathias who made the Win/Mac/Linux exporter for Knytt Underground has actually made TGW work with it as well.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 07:21:38 by Nifflas »

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 09:19:14 »
That's excellent news! So the game will be retaining its name despite the film's title change?

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 21:46:24 »
I don't know yet, I'm discussing that with the filmmakers.

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2013, 07:38:50 »
Seems like it'll keep its name. Release date will be announced on Monday.