Knytt Stories Continuation?

• 3 Replies

Offline Mr Fish

• |#R. FIsH > ?"
    • View Profile
Knytt Stories Continuation?
« on: October 27, 2011, 17:50:03 »
Is knytt stories going to be continued at any point or has it come to its final stage in developement?
~no reason really, i was just wondering  :^^:

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Knytt Stories Continuation?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 22:38:29 »
It is undecided, though seeing how Nifflas is progressing in his game development, I doubt there'll be a sequel to Knytt Stories.

Its not strange to see a new game with similarities to Knytt Stories but with new elements arise at some point though.

Nifflas once said: I will not say that this never happens, but I can't say it will either. Basically, he doesn't know himself.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 23:02:59 »
Well, The Great Work and KnyttWaDF will be the next installment in the Knytt series. I still have the idea that sometime in the future I want to make a new Knytt Stories that have a similar level format (or well, the level format won't be identical, but it should be able to import Knytt Stories levels and convert it to the new format), but can be fully scripted 'n lots of cool stuff.

Then, of course, I have lots of other ideas too. This one will probably never happen, because I don't know which ideas I'll end up make games out of, and I'm not going to think too much about it right now anyway since my focus for the time being is KnyttWaDF.

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 20:23:01 »
What about the new Knytt Stories archive thing? It's been years we've had the "temporary" forum section now, and nothing seems to be happening...