Knytt Stories DS World Converter

• 5 Replies
« on: October 22, 2011, 23:58:02 »
I made a Windows application to automate the process of converting stories to Knytt Stories DS. Sure, I could have just converted my stories manually but there were several sound files in them. SEVERAL! This way it only took me all day. So what I'm getting at is that if any of you want to simplify the process of converting stories, here's a program that does it for you.

Knytt Stories DS - World converter

http://dsknytt.chainsawkitten.net/

It automatically converts the Music and Ambiance files to their appropriate formats and makes sure the .mp3s are below 1MB in size (to avoid VRAM issues). It currently doesn't make sure the Ambiance .raws are <1MB, though. Perhaps I should just assume that any Ambiance > 1MB should actually be a song (and hence in .mp3)?

Do tell if you have any issues with it.

I thought this would be the appropriate thread to post this in. I don't intend on hijacking it or anything.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 16:49:08 by Chainsawkitten »

overtheriver

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 00:04:20 »

I made a Windows application to automate the process of converting stories to Knytt Stories DS. Sure, I could have just converted my stories manually but there were several sound files in them. SEVERAL! This way it only took me all day. So what I'm getting at is that if any of you want to simplify the process of converting stories, here's a program that does it for you.
[...]

Thanks for making this! It looks like a really nice application and should speed up the converting process a lot.  :)

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Knytt Stories DS World Converter
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 11:50:02 »
This definitely deserves its own topic. Splitted to new. :)
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline rrc2soft

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 09:02:49 »
Sorry for necroposting, but as soon as i can I'll add a link to this tool in the KSDS website. Yes, KSDS is still being downloaded: 120 down/month (game) and 80 down/month (level pack) :). So I think people will appreciate it.

PS: Whenever I see KS in the interwebs as "KickStarter" I miss the old "KS=Knytt Stories" days  :juni:

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 19:37:13 »
Sorry for uber necroposting. DS World Converter can't be downloaded right now as the fileden link on your site just redirects to myflare.com instead. I'd suggest mediafire or maybe zippyshare as more reliable places to host a download. ;)

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 19:59:21 »
I've changed to dropbox now.