Bad treatment

• 14 Replies

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
Bad treatment
« on: April 04, 2009, 22:25:53 »
I made two topics about some games in the new board Other free games.  I liked those games and thought I could share them. But no, my topics got deleted. I went into #Niffchat and asked why they got deleted. Marsgirl said they didn't go after the rules. Rules? I took a look at the rules and I think they are ridiculous.

First thing. Why must I upload a screenshot of the game, why is that a rule? If someone wants a screenshot then he can just google it. It is a stupid rule.

Second. Why cant I tell my personal opinion? I cant be subjective at all?

So when I said in #Niffchat I didn't like the rules I got banned from there. I got banned by the old racist J. (Yes he is racist and mean against me). And in the rules it says that everyone must respect everyones opinion. Apparently my opinion is not respected but if I try to say my opinion it ends up in a ban.

This topic will prolly also get deleted and I will get banned from the forum.
I just wanted to say that.

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
Re: Bad treatment
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 22:27:46 »
about the screenshot rule:

If you just quickly want to tell some people to check out a game that you find cool, look into niffchat for people who could be interested in random link sprouting. Don't bother making a post at all if you don't want to put more than half a minute into it.
that just briefly.
If you don't like the rules, sure thing, you can tell your opinion about how you don't like them. But just because a single person doesn't like them won't get them changed. To most users the rules make sense, I do believe.

Next: you didn't get banned because you just stated your opinion. you were whining instead and didn't listen to the points being brought up against you. You can't expect your point being listened to and considered, but at the same time refuse to consider what people say when they express disagreement with you, and even make the effort to explain why they disagree.
that to the point of respecting people's opinion. put simply:
don't whine about not being allowed to express your opinon, while you don't seem to give a damn about other's opinion and points.
It's not about just stating an opinon, and I believe that you have been told this several times, it is about how you do it and how you react to other's response to the opinion you state.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 22:34:24 by Miss Paula »
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs:

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 22:31:13 »
I can explain this really simply.

I didn't add the Other Free Games section, because in the past people spammed games just like that. The only way for me to ensure that people actually put time and effort in their posts, and thus not spam their games just like that, I'm setting rules. If you disagree with them, thats fine, but simply don't post or face the concequences. The rules post clearly states that if you don't follow the rules, your post will be deleted.

Thats exactly what happened, so learn to live with it.

Although I wasn't at #niffchat when you got banned, I'm fairly sure J banned you because you got angry or something like that, and started a riot. He probably kicked you before which is similar to issue a warning.

I've said what I wanted to say.

I'll leave the topic open so you can respond to this.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Gaeel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 22:35:36 »
I wasn't at #niffchat when you got banned, I'm fairly sure J banned you because you got angry or something like that, and started a riot. He probably kicked you before which is similar to issue a warning.
Pretty much, except James16 issued the warning kick...

Other than that, you're spot on...
Code: [Select]
<Gaeel> I love you Dataflashsabot!
<Dataflashsabot> I love you too Gaeel!
<Gaeel> Wait are we really having this conversation?
<Dataflashsabot> I think we might be a figment of Gaeel's twisted imagination...

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 22:36:32 »
I didn't add the Other Free Games section, because in the past people spammed games just like that. The only way for me to ensure that people actually put time and effort in their posts, and thus not spam their games just like that, I'm setting rules. If you disagree with them, thats fine, but simply don't post or face the concequences. The rules post clearly states that if you don't follow the rules, your post will be deleted.

I never noticed that someone spammed games but if thats how it then I can see the point of the rules. I can put effort into making the topic but I just didnt release why I had to do it. ok, I can try again.

Edit:
except James16 issued the warning kick...

Actually, James16 kicked me because I sweared because I spilled on my keyboard. And that had nothing to do with the ban.

Offline AmADizii

• From The Black Comes Rays Of Hope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 22:38:36 »
Fight then Power, Salmon.
Fight it.
My opinion, to fight it. Respect that please.
TeamWork - Gives The Enemy More People To Shoot At.

- Unknown.

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 22:41:22 »
I never noticed that someone spammed games but if thats how it then I can see the point of the rules. I can put effort into making the topic but I just didnt release why I had to do it. ok, I can try again.

You might want to read this topic then. :)
http://nifflas.ni2.se/forum/index.php?topic=265.0

I realise you already posted in this, but I explain the entire situation with more words there.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline NintendoMaster

• Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2009, 22:47:31 »
Allow me to stop you there Salmoneous with the James16 thing, He was just doing his job to stop offensive language.

I did pm him in chat after pointing out that "Damn" wasn't banned as it wasn't aimed at someone. (The rules) but you really didn't have to swear did you? It may have been annoying but you CAN resist. ;)

Queen and Led Zeppelin fan forever!

Offline AmADizii

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009, 22:49:20 »
I thought swearing was allowed as long as it's not used against another member, Example;

"AmADizii Is a fucking dick"

Not allowed this ----^

Not like;

"Ah, Fuck!"

Which is allowed.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 22:51:27 by AmADizii »

- Unknown.

Offline Miss Paula

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2009, 22:52:08 »
while I wouldn't kick and ban right away when someone uses some four-letter-words, out of consideration of the younger (presumably unspoiled X)) members, I'd like people to take a deep breath and refrain from unneccessarily bad swearing. Since this is supposed to be a nice place, and places don't get nicer when swearwords are excessively thrown around. :)

Offline AmADizii

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2009, 22:52:59 »
I'm Scottish, I have my excuse.

- Unknown.

Offline Feline Monstrosity

• Pussy cat, pussy cat..
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2009, 23:42:33 »
I'm Scottish, I have my excuse.
XD

I can see why you want people to put effort into their posts and include screenshots and descriptions and all, but why no opinions? That doesn't seem to make sense to me.
"In the world there is nothing more submissive and weak than water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong nothing can surpass it. "  ~Lao Tzu

Offline Miss Paula

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2009, 23:49:27 »
but why no opinions? That doesn't seem to make sense to me.

huh??  O_o
what do you mean? People are of course very allowed to post their personal opinion about the game they're presenting. :huh:

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2009, 11:22:00 »
Indeed, you can add more inforation if you see fit. Its more of a mimimum requirements for a post. :)

But I'll add a message in the rules post to clearify that. :) Thanks for pointing that out.

MODPlug Central Forum

Offline Feline Monstrosity

• Pussy cat, pussy cat..
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2009, 15:57:05 »
Ah. I misunderstood Salmon's post.
"In the world there is nothing more submissive and weak than water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong nothing can surpass it. "  ~Lao Tzu