Epic Old Knytt Stories Levels Dump (169 levels!)

• 78 Replies

Offline TheYeIIowDucK

• The number you have dialed is no longer in service
    • View Profile
Epic Old Knytt Stories Levels Dump (169 levels!)
« on: October 10, 2011, 21:42:20 »
I have a large collection of old Knytt Stories levels I've gathered over the years. Some date as far back as the old forums era. I've decided to create a torrent with all these levels on it. Feel free to download it and try them out yourself.

Note: I've been suffering from a bad case of shiternet over the last month, so expect inconsistency in the downloading process. Also note that I am using an ADSL connection and it might be slow at times.

I'll try my best to keep uTorrent up at nights. Although I can't promise anything beyond that, I assure you that I will not close the torrent before 1.2GB were uploaded. This torrent can and will stay alive as long as other people will seed it, so, for the love of god,
SEED!

If you have any kind of a decent torrent program, it should display a ratio for each torrent. If it doesn't, simply calculate it yourself: Divide how much you've uploaded by how much you've downloaded. Is the result lower than 2? Keep on seeding!

Here is the download link to the .torrent file. If you don't know how to download torrents - shame on you! Search Google for the answer.
http://www.mediafire.com/?368gn7y5he5watu

New link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/44735333/PLEASE%20DOWNLOAD%20AND%20SEED%21%21%21%20Old%20Levels%20Uploaded%20by%20TheYeIIowDucK.torrent
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 14:25:03 by LPChip »

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Epic Old Knytt Stories Levels Dump (169 levels!)
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 22:30:28 »
I've started the download, and since I have a 10 mbit up connection, I'll continue to seed this for a while. :)

EDIT: I still have 0%, so we'll have to wait for TheYeIIowDuck to seed some more :)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 23:11:35 by LPChip »
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline TheYeIIowDucK

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 23:27:06 »
I've started the download, and since I have a 10 mbit up connection, I'll continue to seed this for a while. :)

EDIT: I still have 0%, so we'll have to wait for TheYeIIowDuck to seed some more :)
I seriously have no idea why.
My uTorrent is up and the torrent is force initial-seeding with all other torrents stopped :/
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 23:31:44 by TheYeIIowDucK »

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 02:54:02 »
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 02:59:53 by GrayFace »

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 10:05:37 »
Just checked. I'm currently seeding. Expect nice download speeds of approx. 300 kB/s or maybe higher, depending on the time of the day. (I raise the speeds at nights since I'm not using my connection then; goes up to 750kB/s :) )

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline TheYeIIowDucK

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 11:51:00 »
Just checked. I'm currently seeding. Expect nice download speeds of approx. 300 kB/s or maybe higher, depending on the time of the day. (I raise the speeds at nights since I'm not using my connection then; goes up to 750kB/s :) )
So...
Should I turn of the "initial seeding" option now?

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 14:24:42 »
hm, didn't you plan to host goog's big level collection at some point? And couldn't you just host this one (as a non-torrent, I mean) as well? Just wondering.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs:

Offline Ganoan

• Wondering...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 14:40:02 »
If possible, could you please post a complete list of all the levels included, Duck?
Want to know, whether I need to download it or not...

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 16:28:15 »
Spoiler: list of levels (click to show/hide)

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2011, 17:15:42 »
hm, didn't you plan to host goog's big level collection at some point? And couldn't you just host this one (as a non-torrent, I mean) as well? Just wondering.
Oh I am, but he never uploaded it to me. I'm still waiting for him to upload it. I PMmed him a few times now, but I get no response and no files on my ftp either. His level collection definitely is something that possibly has all this too, so once I have googs, I'm not sure if I also should be seeding this one, but I suppose it doesn't really matter. I could always update googs collection with this if something is missing, but lets decide about that when I actually get googoogjoob's level collection.

So...
Should I turn of the "initial seeding" option now?
Just ensure you reach the 2.0 u/d ratio and you can stop after that. :)

[mod]now now, we don't need to doublepost. :P[/mod]
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 11:57:42 by Miss Paula »

MODPlug Central Forum

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2011, 12:00:26 »
Oh I am, but he never uploaded it to me. I'm still waiting for him to upload it. I PMmed him a few times now, but I get no response and no files on my ftp either. His level collection definitely is something that possibly has all this too, so once I have googs, I'm not sure if I also should be seeding this one, but I suppose it doesn't really matter. I could always update googs collection with this if something is missing, but lets decide about that when I actually get googoogjoob's level collection.
I haven't talked to him in a long while either, so I wouldn't necessarily expect him to still be (particularly) active/interested in anything around here/to do it. 9_9
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs:

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2011, 12:42:21 »
This is a great idea. A very good start for someone who haven't played ks yet. Very good for many people, I didn't have some of those levels.
We should do this but with more levels, as many levels we can find dude. I can help. I got about 80 pages, not so many old levels unfortunately.

And I don't know but maybe you would be allowed to attach the torrent file to your first post, it's very small.

oh and if u guys r looking for goog >>>> http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?action=profile;u=3399

Offline variad

• Living on the edges
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2011, 01:19:59 »
10 HOURS to download? It really needs more seed. But thanks Mr. YellowDuck, there's a lot of levels I didn't have! :^^:

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2011, 14:27:47 »
I thought, by setting a seed til 999 it would seed until a ratio of 999:1. Apparently it found 9.99 a good limit and decided it was enough :P

I force-started the upload now, so it will continue to do so. Thats why the downloading was slower...

Keep seeding till the 2:1 ration though!

MODPlug Central Forum

Offline Klämrisk

• I can't even recall why I have this duck anymore..
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2012, 12:09:12 »
Well, this is interesting... I'm transfering all my downloaded Knytt Stories levels to a new computer, once done, I will double-check the inventory against this huge list. I think I've already got them all, but you never know... good initiative!  :)
Audial experimentations (Read: demos)
Crazy metal band I sing and play bass/electric guitar in

"Throwback" - a KS level in progress
I seem to recall starting a shift-animation frenzy and increased fascination in Juni's transparent body.