Epic Old Knytt Stories Levels Dump (169 levels!)

• 78 Replies

Offline Widget

• View Profile
Re: Epic Old Knytt Stories Levels Dump (169 levels!)
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2013, 04:14:48 »
« Cont'd from Reply #58 overleaf »

Spoiler: Formatting Key (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Posted Replies (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 02:50:11 by Widget »

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2013, 23:39:47 »
Seriously Widget, I know you love organizing stuff, but I doubt the level of detail that list will contain is worth the effort. Even so, The colors aren't too legible in the WaDF theme which I view the forum with. I recommend using the color tags which produce theme compatible colors.

Offline Widget

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2013, 02:00:25 »
I don't love organising things; it's pretty tedious and, as you say, not sufficiently useful to warrant the time spent on it. The reason I do it anyway is that my entire adult life has been spent trying to manage my mental illness sufficiently well that I can keep body and soul together and cope with my family's visits without breaking down on the spot. Frankly, I'm not very good at maintaining even that very limited level of functionality; bogging myself down in mindless busy-work is the simplest and most readily available way of not allowing myself to think.

As for the colours, I'll try to sort out an alternative theme that's not too ghastly to look at. This is currently just a copy of the formatting from the mods' levels list; it didn't occur to me that anyone would voluntarily be using the WaDF theme.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2013, 13:55:34 »
Thanks for sharing, Widget.

Also, it looks like I've only played the flawed version of Let me take you to the beach! I'll have to check out the other one.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2013, 22:51:51 »
I don't love organizing things...
I'm sorry if I upset you. I was being sarcastic there, but I did genuinely think you liked order. I felt that my question about the dump's contents prompted you to undertake this enormous task which makes you, "lose the will to live," but I was satisfied with your first response to my question, and I rather that a cute girl in Persian clothing keeps her will to live. In the future, I resolve not to jump to conclusions about people. :P2

It didn't occur to me that anyone would voluntarily be using the WaDF theme.
We have our own unofficial club! I'm not an official unofficial member though.

Offline Widget

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2013, 02:21:20 »
Thanks for sharing, Widget.

Also, it looks like I've only played the flawed version of Let me take you to the beach! I'll have to check out the other one.
In the case of Bass's Let me take you to the beach! there isn't a flawed version, as such. Both copies are identical, the only difference being in the names of the folders. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

I don't love organizing things...
I'm sorry if I upset you. I was being sarcastic there, but I did genuinely think you liked order. I felt that my question about the dump's contents prompted you to undertake this enormous task which makes you, "lose the will to live," but I was satisfied with your first response to my question, and I rather that a cute girl in Persian clothing keeps her will to live. In the future, I resolve not to jump to conclusions about people. :P2
It was a perfectly reasonable assumption given the information available to you; I'm sorry for unloading on you to such an extent. Your question was one of the contributing factors to my choosing this particular project but not the reason I'm sinking time into a near-pointless task in general (were it not this, it would be something else) and the comment on "losing the will to live" is just a common figure of speech here.

It didn't occur to me that anyone would voluntarily be using the WaDF theme.
We have our own unofficial club! I'm not an official unofficial member though.
That comment of mine was an unjustified, passive-aggressive parting shot; my apologies. As has probably become all too apparent, you unwittingly touched a bit of a nerve there :oops: I'll have a look into the colour tags, though the reason for the rather limited pallete I picked from was to add definition without having an overly unsightly colour-scheme. I might have to either make separate copies for each theme or scrap all the colour-coding entirely, neither of which is truly satisfactory with the density of information involved.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 16:45:13 by Widget »

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2013, 03:22:02 »
I'll have a look into the colour tags, though the reason for the rather limited pallete I picked from was to add definition without having an overly unsightly colour-scheme. I might have to either make separate copies for each theme or scrap all the colour-coding entirely, neither of which is truly satisfactory with the density of information involved.
The beauty of those colour tags is that each theme displays colour variations which are visible against its background automatically. I do find most of your lists quite helpful and I appreciate your efforts. :)

Offline Widget

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2013, 04:20:36 »
No, I follow what it is they do and why it's necessary; the problem with them is that the selection is too small to devise a workable theme that isn't eye-burningly hideous.

I'll have another go at it later on but I think the only solution will be to reformat in such a way that the colour-coding isn't necessary for readability; any colour-scheme that works in the WaDF theme is unbearably ghastly in the default , any that works in the default is unreadable in the WADF :/

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2013, 15:33:44 »
Oh I see. The WaDF theme is a bit ghastly on its own imho. Combine that with how few in number alternative themes users are, and it may not be worth worrying about.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2013, 16:20:34 »
I could add new color tags that will always work in any theme in a certain order. Like c1 for main color, c2 for 2nd main color, c3 for subcolor and c4 for 2nd sub color.

In the Knytt theme that would look like this
In the WaDF theme that would look like this
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 17:27:44 by LPChip »
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Widget

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2013, 23:18:57 »
If that's not too much trouble for you to implement it looks very promising. Please don't look into it with any special sense of urgency, though; even with the best will in the world it's going to be a while yet before I finish collating all the relevant data and links for this particular list.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2013, 10:06:04 »
Its not. :) I can probably find a spare moment at work where I can do this. Maybe even today. :) Its really not much work.

I'll post a news topic in the about forum when its done.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline MasterF

• Niflls pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2013, 13:20:09 »
I'm finally about to do this,anyone up for seeding?

EDIT:Thanks whoever seeded for me,now I can seed for anyone that needs it.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 18:09:05 by MasterF »

« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2013, 03:22:24 »
I'll download and SEED. No problem.

I just dl'd utorrent just for this. am downloading now and this will be the only thing I seed - I have a cable modem and I'll leave it seeding for whoever wants it. knytt stories!!

Offline Widget

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 04, 2013, 15:35:14 »
[04\08\13]: Given that TheYeIIowDuck hasn't logged on for half a year, would anyone object if I created a new version of this thread? (something like an Epic Old Knytt Stories Levels Dump Redux) In addition to having the content lists readily apparent and accessible, I could add a brief introduction explaining the use of .torrent files (with a more detailed guide in a spoiler, should that prove necessary). I would, of course, make sure to credit TheYeIIowDuck with all the work on the .torrent (and include links to the OT) and the respective authors with all the levels.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 00:26:59 by Widget »