Epic Old Knytt Stories Levels Dump (169 levels!)

• 78 Replies
Re: Epic Old Knytt Stories Levels Dump (169 levels!)
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2013, 19:24:34 »
So, I guess I've misunderstood the thread name.  I thought these were all suppose to be epic sized levels, but most are medium at most.  Or have I misunderstood the word epic?

Judging from the content, the word "epic" is most likely referring to the size of the compilation itself.

Offline Dj Gopher

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2013, 02:32:03 »
So, I guess I've misunderstood the thread name.  I thought these were all suppose to be epic sized levels, but most are medium at most.  Or have I misunderstood the word epic?
The dump is the epic part, seeing as it's so large :P

By the way, I've stopped seeding this. Would anyone like me to resume?

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2013, 04:11:13 »
Ok, gotcha.  Yeah, I stopped seeding too.  My little lap top didn't like the extra attention.  But, I'll keep it ready to seed if anyone needs me to restart it.  Just say so here and I'll get the message via notify.

Offline Fursik

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2013, 15:39:03 »
Hello everyone!
I just downloaded that awesome levels pack, but i have no idea how to get it to work. I tried copying these folders into "worlds", but i was sent into infinite void right after intro. What do i have to do to enjoy these levels? Please, help! :(
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 15:40:47 by Fursik »

Offline ixMarcel

• I'll get you during my next save game!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2013, 17:51:09 »
Maybe there was an error while downloading levels?

If You have: Level Dump/Worlds/Andrew Noel - Space
You must copy: Andrew Noel - Space (Whole folder, not the files in it)
To: Knytt Stories/Worlds Folder
So You end up: Knytt Stories/Worlds/Andrew Noel - Space

But You propably know it...

edit: Just small help in screen below
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 14:25:20 by ixMarcel »

Offline Fursik

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2013, 19:11:07 »
Tried it, but here's what I got: intro goes fine, but then...
]VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOIDVOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOIDVOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOIDVOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOIDVOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID (me) VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOIDVOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOIDVOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOIDVOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOIDVOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID

Witam rodaka, tak przy okazji :).

Offline ixMarcel

• I'll get you during my next save game!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2013, 12:07:41 »
You can download this again, or send me a screenshot (on PM) what Your folder contains  ;). There must be an error.

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

Offline Fursik

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2013, 15:38:35 »
Damn, I downloaded game and levels again, and tried to run it as winXP, but still no change. VOID EVERYWHERE! But I won't give up trying!

« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2013, 09:22:42 »
Such a nice collection thanks!
and as long as my computer is on I will be seeding  :)

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2013, 23:28:33 »
Are there any levels in the dump that you can't get anywhere else?
Edit: Good levels that is.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 23:37:11 by egomassive »

Offline Widget

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2013, 20:21:51 »
I think there were around half a dozen levels I thought were both worth saving and unique (now, at least) to this collection. If it's advice on whether to bother that you're after, I wouldn't recommend it; there's nothing uniquely here that really blew me away and it was a massively disproportionate effort to sort the few noteworthy levels from the junk, failed experiments, first levels and incomplete folders.

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2013, 00:38:47 »
I agree with widget.  I'll recheck when I get a chance, but I only remember a few levels that really interested me.

Offline EarthBound015

• Meeeeork!
    • View Profile
    • Pick on the Bully's YouTube Channel!
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2013, 13:50:16 »
Good stuff!  Glad to see the community is still going! :)  When I get time, I'll have to play some of these again and maybe I'll even make a new level.  We'll see, hah.
Teeeheee

Offline Widget

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2013, 01:41:43 »

« Cont'd in Reply #60 overleaf »

Spoiler: Formatting Key (click to show/hide)

[04\08\13]: Given that TheYeIIowDuck hasn't logged on for half a year, would anyone object if I created a new version of this thread? (something like an Epic Old Knytt Stories Levels Dump Redux) In addition to having the content lists readily apparent and accessible, I could add a brief introduction explaining the use of .torrent files (with a more detailed guide in a spoiler, should that prove necessary). I would, of course, make sure to credit TheYeIIowDuck with all the work on the .torrent (and include links to the OT) and the respective authors with all the levels.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 20:45:11 by Widget »

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2013, 03:42:44 »
Ah... wow, thanks for doing that.  I had not gotten around to rechecking what was in it, and now I realize how few I actually played.  I was very disappointed by some of the levels and gave up.  Golden Pyramid was different, and Dark Sky over Wish Mountain was ok.  I do need to check into more.