Epic Old Knytt Stories Levels Dump (169 levels!)

• 78 Replies

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
Re: Epic Old Knytt Stories Levels Dump (169 levels!)
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2013, 13:43:18 »
So, I am currently in the process of playing all of these levels, and writing little short reviews for each one.  C)p

However, I am posting here because I am having troubles with 'Change the view!' by Ble.  Namely, I cannot for the life of me get to the yellow key, no matter how hard I try to jump, and no matter what tricks I try to pull with the umbrella.

If any of you have legitimately beaten this level, I'd like to know how to clear that jump.
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything

Offline Widget

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2013, 15:33:20 »
If I remember rightly, it's possible to get trapped in the wrong place without all the powerups you need to continue in Change the view! I can't give you any good advice, though, as it was a couple of years ago I last played it  :/

Offline Fubaka

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2013, 17:15:41 »
If I remember rightly, it's possible to get trapped in the wrong place without all the powerups you need to continue in Change the view! I can't give you any good advice, though, as it was a couple of years ago I last played it  :/

Aye, the thing is, though, that I had already obtained all the powerups in the level.  I checked the editor to make sure there wasn't a hidden eye powerup that could make it easier.  Thing is, there's another jump exactly like this one in Ble's other level, Timecraft, and I am expected to be able to do it with all the range-increasing powerups. (run, high jump, doublejump, umbrella, climb).

There has to be a trick to it, I just have no idea what it might be.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

Love anything

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2013, 21:13:05 »
So... why is this a torrent?

Offline Fubaka

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2013, 00:04:48 »
So... why is this a torrent?

Because it's flippin' huge!

Love anything

Offline Widget

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2013, 19:41:19 »
There has to be a trick to it, I just have no idea what it might be.

I think the trick, such as it is, is that the jump is just barely within what's possible to accomplish; double-jump only at the peak of the first jump, open the umbrella only at the peak of the second and then continue to hold S the entire time the umbrella is open. I'm sorry I can't offer you anything more helpful than that.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2013, 20:43:55 »
Due to me migrating my server to a different OS, I'm currently not seeding this torrent. I will be able to resume seeding after the migration. Since its a new kind of OS for me, that might take me a bit before setting up torrent and such... But there should be enough seeders right?
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Fubaka

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2013, 00:25:33 »
I think the trick, such as it is, is that the jump is just barely within what's possible to accomplish; double-jump only at the peak of the first jump, open the umbrella only at the peak of the second and then continue to hold S the entire time the umbrella is open. I'm sorry I can't offer you anything more helpful than that.

I knew that holding S would allow you to ride currents faster, but I wasn't aware it would help you glide faster in general.  To think, I've been playing for so long and I didn't know that!

I got past the jump.  Thanks for the pro tip.  Star for you!

Love anything

Offline Widget

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2013, 01:47:31 »
Thankyou, I'm glad I was able to help in the end  :)
That trick with the umbrella isn't particularly well documented; I'm pretty sure I only learnt about it myself on the forum, though there is at least one level that mentions it.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 01:49:33 by Widget »

Offline Fubaka

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2013, 02:14:17 »
Thankyou, I'm glad I was able to help in the end  :)
That trick with the umbrella isn't particularly well documented; I'm pretty sure I only learnt about it myself on the forum, though there is at least one level that mentions it.

What's more is, I managed to find and fix several more void screens in my own level knowing that trick now, so you've managed to help me in more ways than one!

Love anything

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2013, 23:53:32 »
Ok, I usually don't mess with torrents as I have a slow internet connection anyway, but I've been itching for epic knytt levels.  What torrent client would you guys suggest, and are any of you seeding this right now?

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2013, 00:59:11 »
Ok, I usually don't mess with torrents as I have a slow internet connection anyway, but I've been itching for epic knytt levels.  What torrent client would you guys suggest, and are any of you seeding this right now?

I use uTorrent. I think its the best client, although their newest version is different from their previous versions, and I don't need the extra functionality, so I use an older version, but still the newest version is a good version.

I'm not seeding right now because I'm migrating my server, but once the migration is done, I'll reseed again.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Widget

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2013, 01:01:11 »
I use uTorrent. I think its the best client, although their newest version is different from their previous versions, and I don't need the extra functionality, so I use an older version, but still the newest version is a good version.

I'd recommend using v3.2 then disabling updates. That's the latest version that doesn't have an ad bar permanently displayed in the program :moody:
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 02:53:35 by Widget »

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2013, 01:59:35 »
Ok, after a lot of looking, I found a legitimate v3.2 and am currently running utorrent.  I'll try to run it every night from now on... or at least for a while.

Edit: yeah, got the scheduler figured out and have utorrent set to turn on at start up, so it is now running on weekdays while I'm at work, and at night.  I'll just leave it running simi-permenently until I have a reason not to. 

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2013, 23:00:03 »
So, I guess I've misunderstood the thread name.  I thought these were all suppose to be epic sized levels, but most are medium at most.  Or have I misunderstood the word epic?